Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS Stop Breaking My Windows 7 Machine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:05 AM

Just came across this today and thought it appropriate.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/dear-microsoft-please-stop-breaking-my-perfectly-good-windows-7/#ftag=YHFb1d24ec?ref=yfp

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 AM

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:13 AM

Good article! He makes a lot of good points. MS keeps insisting everybody upgrade to 10, but for a lot of people, that means breaking current software.

#3 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 2,980 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:43 PM

The only way that this messing up of perfectly good windows7/8.1 systems can be stopped is if ms realise that everyone who wants to stay with their current operating system will do whatever they must to prevent windows 10, this means that everyone wanting to stay on windows 7/8.1 must block every gwx related update, and make sure ms knows they're blocking those updates(ms can no doubt count how many people download an update but saying "I wouldn't touch KB3035583 with a barge pole" so they know that users are saying no deliberately is also important), they must disable every gwx related feature and let ms know they are doing that. Only when ms realises that forcible attempts at "upgrade" will be prevented by users doing anything and everything to stop then, will they give up on forcing "upgrades" and satisfy themselves with the number of windows 10 users they already have.
Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users