Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Motherboard or something else?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dinkey79

dinkey79

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 27 October 2015 - 06:49 AM

Got a hp desktop with a MS-7778 Jasmine motherboard.  PC was doing updates then afterward no video.  Tried the no power push the power button, reset but still all I get is fans spin up, no video, no post beeps, nothing.  I've tried new memory, video card, CPU, even took the board out of case, tried resetting CMOS, same results.  Ordered another Motherboard and have the exact same problem as above. On both boards if the memory is removed that is the only time I get a beep.  Was told by the Tech Dept of the company I ordered  the board from that everything pointed bad memory.  Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:18 AM

doing updates then afterward no video

Start there; I assume you are running Windows 10, and if so, probably a bad update.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 dinkey79

dinkey79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:37 AM

It's running windows 8

Both new old board without anything hooked up to it other than PS and monitor no video no post

Edited by dinkey79, 27 October 2015 - 08:43 AM.

#4 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:00 PM

According to this your Pegatron Jasmine has integrated video so you should be getting video. You have already tried new memory so I don't see how two sets of memory can both be bad. However, try to get your hands on another computer that will run your memory, swap them in one stick at a time and run memtest 86+ tester on the memory. If they check out good then the board is bad. Just FYI....I have worked on old computers for years, and the two types of boards that are junk are Foxconn and Pegatron. These companies are jobbers who specialize in low-cost, mass-production mainboards for commercial manufacturers such as HP, Dell and others. I have units come in with these failed boards regularly. You also can try swapping out your monitor just to rule out that the monitor just happened to fail at the same time you downloaded your update.

If you can get your hands on another power supply, you can try swapping that just for testing, but I don't think that is the problem. Since you are not connecting the hard drive it can't be OS corruption causing this particular problem although I would not rule a buggy download out yet. First you have to get the video working to continue testing (as I am sure you understand already). :) After you have ruled out all these options then contact the retailer with the results. The only thing left is the mobo. 

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#5 dinkey79

dinkey79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:09 AM

That was my conclusion also.  I've worked with computers for the last 12 years and was taught by my bother who started with them in 1982.  I went through all the steps he taught me to do and that includes changing power supply, monitor, memory, cpu and video card.  The only thing left would be the motherboard I thought.  I've got it RMA'd so I'll see what happens when the next one comes in Thank you for information.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users