Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC not connecting to Security Cameras anymore.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Canan

Canan

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:14 AM

Hello all,

My apartment building installed security cameras. Was told I could monitor the cameras and the tech guy will install what is needed to make it happen. What it looked like he only loaded an IP address into the address bar. He was done in a matter of a minute and things worked great. I did put the link into my favorites bar. I don’t monitor the cameras everyday but I do use it.

I upgraded to Windows 10 everything seems to be working great, except the security cameras monitoring. I went to the manager’s office they said the IP changed and I have entered the new IP address and it’s not working for me.

It looked so simple when the tech guy did it.

The manager’s office said the tech guy will come and fix it, well this has been a few months. 

So on my own doing some research it looks like he loaded an ADD ON called “SurveillanceCtrl Control” and in “C:/webrec” maybe something happened when I load Windows 10.

I don’t know what to do and I don’t want to do something wrong and hate myself later for doing it.

I am needing some friendly instructions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Canan

Canan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:06 AM

Well Good Morning everyone.  It's been 24 hours since I posted and 50 people have looked at my post   :bananas: this is good.    Is anyone out their that can help me?  If needing more information just ask.  

#3 Canan

Canan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:22 AM

Have I posted this in the wrong area?

#4 irvin_than_allyl

irvin_than_allyl

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 29 October 2015 - 09:55 AM

You're going to need the socket address, not just the IP address.

Example IP address 192.168.1.1

Example socket address 192.168.1.1:80

You also need the port number, which is the number after the colon. You'll also need a user name and password if the feed uses authentication. You'll have to get this information from your manager's office.

The networking forum probably would have been more appropriate for future reference.

Further Resources:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_socket

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authentication

Edited by irvin_than_allyl, 29 October 2015 - 09:59 AM.

#5 Canan

Canan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 01:29 PM

Irvin thank you for giving me something to start with.  You said I'll need to get the information from the manager's office, that is good advice. I started this back in the middle of August and now it's the end of October. I guess I will have to be more demanding. I would like to call this solved because this sound like it's to difficult for me to fix myself.      How do you mark it solved or do you?

Edited by Canan, 29 October 2015 - 01:30 PM.

#6 irvin_than_allyl

irvin_than_allyl

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 29 October 2015 - 09:07 PM

I have no idea, I'm new here :P

You could contact a moderator.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?app=members&module=list&max_results=30&filter=9&sort_order=asc&sort_key=members_display_name&st=0&b=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users