Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant windows 10 have hp support assistant and hp coolsense?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nastybloodlust

nastybloodlust

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:00 PM

i upgraded to windows 10 a while ago but i didnt notice until now that both hp support assistant and hp coolsense is gone...why? cant i have that on windows 10? :'(

Edited by nastybloodlust, 26 October 2015 - 09:00 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:06 AM

Hi nastybloodlust :)

It's possible that the version of HP Support Assistant and HP CoolSense you had installed weren't compatible with Windows 10 and therefore were removed from Windows during the process. These programs are free however, and you can download them directly from HP's website on your computer/laptop drivers page.

Do you have your computer/laptop product number? If so, I can fetch the download links for you and post them here.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 nastybloodlust

nastybloodlust
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:46 AM

Posted 27 October 2015 - 10:59 AM

Hi nastybloodlust :)

It's possible that the version of HP Support Assistant and HP CoolSense you had installed weren't compatible with Windows 10 and therefore were removed from Windows during the process. These programs are free however, and you can download them directly from HP's website on your computer/laptop drivers page.

Do you have your computer/laptop product number? If so, I can fetch the download links for you and post them here.

thank you so much!!!! i have downloaded the programs now :)

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:02 PM

No problem, you're welcome :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:20 PM

Apparently my HP did not come with cool sense I had to look it up online.lol Altho Hp support assistant did but I had to update it before installing 10.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:31 PM

Not every HP computers come with HP CoolSense :)

HP CoolSense Technology is a feature in some HP notebook computers that combines hardware, software, and mechanical design to dynamically manage the temperature of your notebook computer, and help keep you comfortable while using it.

http://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c02638953

Same for some of their other OEM software.

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users