Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista freezes after clicking on an application

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 luv2bike2nv

luv2bike2nv

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 26 October 2015 - 03:20 PM

The computer is an HP Pavilion with Vista on it.  This is a personal computer.

When you login, click on an application sometimes the computer will freeze up, sometimes it will reboot, sometimes the screen will turn black and i will have to hard boot the computer.  

I am able to boot up into Safe Mode with Network, download and run the following programs and clean up malware/spyware etc:

SuperAntiSpyware

Malwarebytes

Spybot Search and Destroy

Eset Online Scanner

Microsoft Online Scanner

Adwcleaner

Microsoft Security Essentials is the antivirus program and it did not find anything. 

After that I logged in as the user and clicked on a program and it still froze up on me.

I figured i would create a new admin user and log in as that admin, however the computer froze up when i clicked on Control Panel.

I boot up in to Safe Mode and was able to create the new admin user.

logged in as that new user and it still froze up on me.

In search through some of the other questions, many have suggested to change the power options ....the power options have been set to Never turn off or go to sleep. so that is not the solution in this case.

I am at a lost as to the next step to take.  Looking for any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users