Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to work with Windows 10 udate

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:22 PM

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:25 AM

Ok i have a nice new  shiny Windows 10,Customised the desktop with Classic shell etc, and a wallpaper to make it look beautifull,did the privacy stuff,set to local user account,Net connection set to to metered etc,etc..then thought about updates...eek you cant go to

Windows update and choose them?

Doing research on this issue now,has anyone got any answers to work around this issue,bring back the Win update applet?

(Seen a few reg hacks on-line to bring back the applet but none work on my system,(Seems common)).

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:31 PM

Hi Wolverine7 ^_^,

Kindly read the below guide -

http://www.howtogeek.com/223068/what-you-need-to-know-about-windows-update-on-windows-10/

That should answer all of your questions.

Regarding way around, I don't think that there is a way around this. Modifying registry is not recommended for these reasons as it could lead to unwanted behavior.

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#3 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:59 PM

Regarding way around, I don't think that there is a way around this. Modifying registry is not recommended for these reasons as it could lead to unwanted behavior.

Really,you mean we just have to put up with the update issue,i cant believe that all the techs,power users and corporate users are gonna stand for it. :bounce:

Maybe we,ll have to sit down:(

Thanks for the link,ill have a good look.

#4 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:08 PM

Ok so it comes down to you have to wait for the updates to install and then uninstall the unwanted ones.

Widiculous

I Shall find a way. :warrior:

er maybe :)

#5 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:45 AM

Really,you mean we just have to put up with the update issue,i cant believe that all the techs,power users and corporate users are gonna stand for it. :bounce:

Maybe we,ll have to sit down:(

Thanks for the link,ill have a good look.

Yep. That's the way I and most of the people I know are dealing with them. Although I don't see any problem downloading all the updates.

Ok so it comes down to you have to wait for the updates to install and then uninstall the unwanted ones.

Widiculous

I Shall find a way. :warrior:

er maybe :)

Sure thing. In case you do, please feel free to post back ^_^

-Pranav

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#6 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:03 PM

Well its not so bad to update nd then take out the ones that u dont want...well yes actually its pathetic microslopy owning the os instead of the customer,especially when yo,ve got better things to do,rant rant...

And what about the graphic design on this 10 thingy? :wacko:  Elegant it isnt..(i sound like Yoda)..(Did they hire a drunken college kid?i mean,their supposedly last os,

spose no ones bothered on an android) :(

I do think it,ll be a better os when customizing and needed workarounds are come up with...and more apps to run..

Sure thing. In case you do, please feel free to post back ^_^

Im gonna research this one as much as time alows,my programing not good enough to do anything directly,but god what a pain when ur busy,as if the updates dont give enough headaches already,rant...rant..

I didnt even mention the Keylogging of the keyboard :hysterical:,oh their i did it.

And then theirs the start menu which doesnt move on this build,grumble,grumble(Classic shell menu anyone)?

Oh we,ll im off to down.. malwarebyts anti ex..and finish beefing up security.

Stay loose. :guitar:

#7 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:23 AM

Well. I like Windows 10 :P

It is just that I have to deal with far less crashes and battery life has improved so I am happy.

#8 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:22 AM

It is just that I have to deal with far less crashes and battery life has improved so I am happy.

Yes its ok,os bashing is a time waste..i finally have enough ram,its got issues but dont they all..Keep up th good work.:)

#9 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 05:28 AM

Yes its ok,os bashing is a time waste..i finally have enough ram,its got issues but dont they all..Keep up th good work. :)

Sure thing. Yep. Will keep up the work ^_^

-Pranav

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users