Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DPT_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 surajpattar

surajpattar

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 AM

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:03 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584395/yellow-exclamation-mark-on-other-devices-in-device-manager/#entry3849225 -- Hamluis.

Hello Everyone,

my computer crashed yesterday and came up with a error saying : DPT_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

It automatically got restarted, left it turned ON for a while and nothing happened.  I'am currently on my windows 8.1 computer I checked the drivers in device manager and found a yellow exclamation mark on a video controller. as per the previous threads

'

In your Device Manager, right-click on that device and select Properties. From there, go under the Details tab, and select Hardware Ids in the drop down list. Copy and paste the first line that will appear in the middle textarea here please. '

I have done so and pasted the first line that appeared in the middle text area and the following:

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6660&SUBSYS_05EA1028&REV_00

Please Help

Edited by hamluis, 26 October 2015 - 06:26 AM.
Split, PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:50 AM

Please read the article found here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 surajpattar

surajpattar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:56 PM

Thank you Arachibutyrophobia,

Can you also help me find ' amd-catalyst-15.7.1-without-dotnet45-win8.1-64bit' as i found it missing when i ran the AMD auto detect, also that it automatically initiated the download due to some reason the laptop restarted and the download was aborted and later tried searching and had a difficult time finding the same, It would be of great help if you could help me find the same. 

Thanks in advance...:):)

#4 surajpattar

surajpattar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 01:28 PM

Thank you dc3....

Can you also help me find ' amd-catalyst-15.7.1-without-dotnet45-win8.1-64bit' as i found it missing when i ran the AMD auto detect, also that it automatically initiated the download due to some reason the laptop restarted and the download was aborted and later tried searching and had a difficult time finding the same, It would be of great help if you could help me find the same. 

Thanks in advance... :):)

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:16 PM

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 surajpattar

surajpattar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 02:54 PM

Hello dc3

This is the following link

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/78THwYZU3WNEfsz50ZX1NWz

in the graphics i have uninstalled both INTEL HD GRAPHIC FAMILY(manually uninstalled as there was an exclamation mark on the same) & AMD RADEON HD 8670M(automatically uninstalled after the error) i never found it after the error. but initially available.

Thanks in advance.... :)

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 09:16 AM

After uninstalling the graphics driver did you then restart the computer.  When you uninstall a driver and restart the computer the installation wizard will install a new driver.  Please go back into the Device Manager and see if the yellow warning icon is now gone.

In the Speccy the HDD S.M.A.R.T.  attributes is showing a large number in the Reallocated Sector Count.  For this reason I would like for you to run the Seatools diagnostic tool.

Please download and run SeatTool for Windows.

When the website opens scroll down till you find the I Accept button and click on it.

If you scroll down below this button you will find instruction for installing this.

Once you install this program you will see an image similar to the one below.

seagate3_zps1fa1f71c.jpg

1.  SeaTools for Windows will search for hdds on your computer.  Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB port.

2.  Detected Drives will list the hdd/s found.  Place a check mark in the drive you want to run the scan on.

3.  You will see Basic Tests above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this.

4.  A menu will open with options for different scans, please click on Long Generic Test

5.  This will start the scan.  When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.

6.  When the scan is complete you will see Test results, post the status.  If it is green it has passed the scan.

7.  Click on Help, then click on View Log File.  If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.

#8 surajpattar

surajpattar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 09:10 PM

Hello DC3,

Thank you for all the help.... :):)

After uninstalling the graphics driver I had restarted the computer, but it showed the same. I have done it again by uninstalling and installing AMD and INTEL Display drivers and the exclamation mark on Video controller is no more seen. 

Also i ran the  SeaTools for Windows and i have got the green color on LONG GENERIC PASS in drive status, the same is attached with this post.

but now i see my laptop taking a while to start and shut down, also it takes a longer time for any application to start after the same is clicked, all of these issues were not seen before the DPT_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ERROR occurred. I write to you to ask if all these new issues were due to any malfunctioning of the drivers?????

Please suggest.

Thanks for all the help in advance...:):)

#9 surajpattar

surajpattar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 09:12 PM

Hello DC3,

Thank you for all the help.... :):)

After uninstalling the graphics driver I had restarted the computer, but it showed the same. I have done it again by uninstalling and installing AMD and INTEL Display drivers and the exclamation mark on Video controller is no more seen. 

Also i ran the  SeaTools for Windows and i have got the green color on LONG GENERIC PASS in drive status, the same is attached with this post.

but now i see my laptop taking a while to start and shut down, also it takes a longer time for any application to start after the same is clicked, all of these issues were not seen before the DPT_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION ERROR occurred. I write to you to ask if all these new issues were due to any malfunctioning of the drivers?????

Please suggest.

Thanks for all the help in advance...:):)

Attached Files

• Attached File  hh.png   485.47KB   0 downloads

#10 surajpattar

surajpattar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:15 PM

Hello DC3,

The laptop seems to be really lagging in performance, It takes a while for any application(chrome,word,comsol, etc) to start, which was never so earlier, and there has been black screen often a application(chrome,word,comsol, etc) is opened. Since i work on design tools like comsol it takes a longer time to simulate, which was never so earlier (before the high end simulation took 30 min post the error of DPT_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION it takes hours and even then the simulation is not complete).

Please suggest, Please help. It would be grateful.

Awaiting your response........

Thanks in advance...:):)

#11 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:34 AM

Please download MiniToolBox to your desktop.

Right-click on MiniToolBox.exe and select Run as Administrator.

You will see an image like the one below.

minitoolbox_zps7byuwkla.png

Click on the following checkboxes only:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, then copy it and paste it in your topic.

I did a little research on Comsol since I wasn't familiar with it.  The system requirements suggest that you have 4GB of RAM per core.  You CPU has two cores, so you may want to ad another 4GB modules.

The module you have installed is a Micron model 8KTF51264HZ-1G6E1.  If you purchase a second module which will match the existing one will enable the computer to run in dual channel.  This effective makes the throughput twice as fast.  You can find a module for about $30. + $3.00 shipping at Amazon.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users