Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mystify Your Mind

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 crittermom

crittermom

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:07 PM

folks-well, as I said in my intro, I am older-the winXP version of this scr drives me nuts-it is really fast and I realy like the win 98 version-not too savy but willing to listen and go step by step-anyway, thanks for your help, crittermom aka Tricia

Edited by crittermom, 20 July 2006 - 03:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:31 PM

I don't really understand what you are asking?

What exactly is your system doing that you don't like?

Is it just that you like the way Win 98 looks and the way the menu works or ?

Edited by Enthusiast, 20 July 2006 - 03:32 PM.

#3 crittermom

crittermom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:38 PM

thanks for your reply -what I mean to say is that in win98se, I could slow the pace of the display-I could mkae it very slow and nice to watch; the winXPsp2 version allows me to add lines and to vary the shape but does not allow me to change the speed at which the figure moves over the screen area-it is very fast and just kind of jumps around-I just want to slow it back to viewing speed better explination I hope Tricia

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:53 PM

Could you please give a little more detail as to your problem?
Slow what down?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:59 PM

I checked the screen saver settings for "mystify" and could not find a way to slow the speed, even by adding extra colours or lines.
Sorry. Maybe someone who actually USES screensavers can come up with a way to slow it down, or perhaps direct you to another version.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 crittermom

crittermom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 03:59 PM

well, I will try again. in XP the poloygon bounces around the perimiter of the screen-very quickly and I mean VERY quickly. it goes bouncing so fast it gives me a headache. I tried to reload from a floppy my friend downloaded with her win98 Mystify. but the xp overrode it (?) ; online all I could find was a program for an old IBM hand held calculator or a program that someone else had written as their take on Mystify -does taht help? Tricia

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,514 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:04 PM

right click on desk top/click properties/click screen saver/select mystify in drop down window/click settings---you will see a selection of settings for "mystify"
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#8 crittermom

crittermom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:10 PM

dear buddy-I have tried that repeatedly-in the win98 application, I could set the speed as well as colors, # on lines, active or clear screen-got any more suggestions?

#9 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 854 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:11 PM

There is no way to slow it down as far as I can tell.

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,514 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:13 PM

Yep, switch to pipes---slower, and much more interesting
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#11 crittermom

crittermom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:16 PM

well, gosh I was hoping that I could manage, but oh well-off to pipes and 3d flowers-too bad because it really is beautiful. thanks everyone Tricia

#12 crittermom

crittermom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:28 PM

goodbye all-off to feed my birds and dogs-thanks everyone for your help-I will visit again soon. Tricia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users