Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spysweeper Vs. 5 Conflicts/problems - Help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Eagle7

Eagle7

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:23 PM

Hello all,

I run a paid version of SpySweeper. Just last week a version upgrade was sent to me. I downloaded it. Ever since, I'm encountering the following problems that I can't find other reasons for.

1. My Ad-Aware scan freezes up, barely after getting started - multiple times. Never had prob. before.

2. Upon trying awaken my computer from Standby, it WON'T - tried all I know. Had to do hard shut down.

3. When it receives updates every other day or so, it ALWAYS shows "You are now protected against 144,140
known traces (kinds) of spyware. That number isn't increasing like it should.

Any ideas what might be causing this weird behavior? All other anti-malware/virus scans I run are coming up clean. I run a tight ship. No other changes or downloads. Thanks in advance. Oh, I checked with the Webroot site, didn't see anything about conflicts, etc.

Regards

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:09 PM

Could have been a corrupt download.
Have you tried a uninstall/reinstall of SpySweeper?
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:50 PM

There are a lot of problems with version 5 (guessing that's the version your'e refering to), including all the ones that you mention. Webroot is aware of the problems. My suggestion to you is to go to the link below & submit a ticket detailing the problems you are experiencing. Hopefully they will resolve this predicament soon.

http://support.webroot.com/ics/support/def....asp?deptID=776

#4 Eagle7

Eagle7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:05 AM

Thanks Hillbilly,

I sure appreciate your info regarding the issues with version 5. Yep, that's what I'm running. I just now submitted a support ticket so hopefully help is on the way. I was on the Webroot site yesterday looking for this kind of info, obviously I just wasn't on the right page. Thanks kindly.

Regards,

#5 Eagle7

Eagle7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:08 AM

Could have been a corrupt download.
Have you tried a uninstall/reinstall of SpySweeper?

Thanks for your idea. It reminded me that can certainly be a concern. From Hillbilly's reply I was able to see that apparently there are a LOT of known issues with this new version. Nice to know I'm not alone, misery loves company. Hopefully, I'll have some answers soon. Thanks for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it.

Regards,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users