Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer freezes randomly

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bernyx

bernyx

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:57 AM

My mouse and computer freezes at random, started a couple of weeks ago. I've done alot of things to clean computer, virus removal, clean boot, etc.   The computer funs fine when it's running.  Is it just old and time to get a new one.  From hardware diagnostics, this comes up, i've looked this up and don't hae anything utilizing firewire, any suggestions?

1394 Bus Reset Test Test Started   10/24/2015 2:55:41 PM Test Finished: Internal Error 10/24/2015 2:55:41 PM    1394 Config ROM Test Test Started   10/24/2015 2:55:41 PM Test Finished: Internal Error 10/24/2015 2:55:42 PM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MarkMCS

MarkMCS

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:24 AM

I'm not sure this will help, but you could try going to device manager and disabling the 1394 bus host controller, since you don't use firewire. 

In device manager, you would open the 'IEEE 1394 host controllers' listing by clicking the plus sign.  Then right click on the device that shows underneath and click disable in the dropdown that appears.  

open device manager by typing < devmgmt.msc > in the search or run box. 

Hope this helps

Edited by MarkMCS, 25 October 2015 - 09:35 AM.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.  -Emo Phillips

#3 bernyx

bernyx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 29 October 2015 - 09:41 PM

i'll try it thanks, actually it didn't freeze for a few days until today.  How about the Microsoft 6 to 4 adaptor, can that be disabled, is it needed?  that shows an error message

#4 aix123

aix123

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 AM

Posted 22 November 2015 - 03:52 PM

It's a long shot - but I had something similar a year ago and it was related to my anti-virus software, Avast. It suddenly started causing problems, for no apparent reason, with the computer freezing up. I switched to AVG anti-virus and that sorted it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users