Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Audio - Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DTJames

DTJames

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:56 PM

Hello,

I have always used this site when I have gotten stuck or when I have been unable to solve an issue on my own, but this time I am about to lose my mind. As the title says, my audio seems to not be working. I have never had this issue with this computer before until 2 days ago. I was able to roll back my system to an older date which fixed it for about a day. This time, however, it did not get the same results.

My audio is just...well... gone.

The sound (lower right corner in the task bar) says it is muted. When I click the icon it brings me straight to a troubleshoot, which we all know never actually fixes the problem.

The driver is installed and before I get asked if I have done the un-install and re-install, yes I have.

I have un-installed and re-installed close to 6 times now. I have gone into the services and restarted (stop and start) the windows audio service close to 12 times.

Due to my audio working when I rolled back the system before, I assume my sound card is fine, but the software is not working properly (despite what the device manager says).

I have also updated my system to windows 10 from windows 8.1, yet the issue remains. Microsoft claims they have no fix, but I do not believe that to be the case.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:28 PM

So, the audio stays muted.

Can you test something?:

Right-click the sound in the Taskbar

Click on Playback Devices

Take a screenshot, and post it (so I can follow along)

Now, right-click on your main speaker, and click Test

Can you hear the sound?

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

#3 DTJames

DTJames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:36 PM

These (this) is the play back. I am trying to run it through speakers/headphones

I have been fiddiling with the playback and I had the device disabled in the picture

Attached Files

#4 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:38 PM

These (this) is the play back. I am trying to run it through speakers/headphones

I have been fiddiling with the playback and I had the device disabled in the picture

You don't have any speakers :( That AMD driver is if you are using their GPU so it can send the audio out to HDMI port

So, you use headphones to listen?

-CKing

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Github | Keybase

#5 DTJames

DTJames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:38 PM

I have tried many test to no avail. Everything is silent.

#6 DTJames

DTJames
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:40 PM

CKing, correct. I use my headphones. I know that it is for HDMI to a monitor with speakers (T.V.) but I have no clue what has happened to my other playback device.

#7 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:47 PM

Hello!

We need more information about your system

Download and open Speccy (This is a portable version as the installer bundles programs)
You will see a spinning circle at the bottom. Wait for it to finish and disappear
Go to File Publish Snapshot
A warning will appear of publishing the snapshot, click Yes
Now, a window will come, and click on Copy to Clipboard and paste it into your next reply.

We also need information about the drivers using MiniToolBox

Download MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop
Right-click on the file and click on Run as Administrator
Checkmark these things

List Devices - All

Click Go
Now, a log will appear. Copy and paste it into your next reply

Post the minitoolbox log and speccy link in your next reply if you can

-CKing

Github | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users