Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with wifi

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Jen42

Jen42

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 24 October 2015 - 04:43 PM

My wifi keeps disappearing.  I run the troubeshooter, it resets the adapter, and it's back. 

But it disappears again sometimes immediately, sometimes later. This happens many times each day.

Any ideas?  thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,748 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:29 PM

Computer make and model ?  Desktop, laptop, internal wi-fi unit or an external 'dongle' ?  All useful information to supply.

A possible cause is faulty drivers, or at least a driver problem. Find 'Search' and type 'control' into it (without the ' '), then select 'Control panel - System - Device manager' and see if there are any yellow or red marks against the list of 'Network adapters'. If there are, double click on the adapter with the marking and see, in the gray box that pops up, if there are any problems with the drivers. If there are, post back.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Jen42

Jen42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2015 - 07:08 PM

Aspire E14, laptop, I have an extender: Netgear WN3000RPv3

There are no red or yellow marks against network adapters

thanks

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,748 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 PM

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:07 PM

A quick google for 'Aspire E14 wifi problems' suggests that you are not alone in having this problem. It appears that on some Aspire computers there can be a conflict between the wifi and the bluetooth drivers when both are installed which causes disconnects similar to what you have described.

IF you don't use bluetooth on your laptop, then i suggest you uninstall the bluetooth drivers and see what happens. To find out if you have bluetooth go to 'Device manager' and it should be listed along with the other network adapters. If it is, double click on it then select the 'Driver' panel and uninstall the driver(s). then re-boot and see if you still have the problem.

IF you do use bluetooth, then go to the ACER web-sie and download the latest wireless and bluetooth drivers for your model and OS version from there, save them somewhere you can find them, and then run them to install them. You can run them either by using the 'Run' command or by double clicking on the file in Windows Explorer.

IF you don't have the bluetooth system installed on your computer, then try the latest wifi drivers from ACER.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 Jen42

Jen42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:01 AM

I've uninstalled bluetooth. I'll see how it goes.

thanks

#6 Jen42

Jen42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:15 AM

In device manager I see there's a yellow mark next to BCM43142A0.

Do you think this is anything to worry about?  I'm not sure if it was there before uninstaling bluetooth.

#7 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,087 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:41 AM

Yes thats the Broadcom Bluetooth , you can if you wish just uninstall it or leave it.

I have the same issues on my HP G6 with bluetooth mouse switching my Wireless off , if i wait 2-3 minutes it restores itself.

So not a big issue for me maybe twice a day and i just wait for it to connect again.

Post back with any updates etc.

#8 Jen42

Jen42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:18 AM

Ok.  It's been much better so far, still very occasionally doing it though.

I uninstalled the BCM43142A0.  But it keeps coming back

#9 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,087 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 03:32 AM

Each time you reboot it will install the driver - so just ignore it and see how it goes , or select to Disable it if you dont need it .

If it gets bad again - repost and someone can look at some logs and advise further

Edited by Havachat, 29 October 2015 - 02:42 AM.

#10 Jen42

Jen42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:02 AM

Still ocasionally losing wifi, so I decided to disable the BCM43142A0

thanks

Edited by Jen42, 28 October 2015 - 04:02 AM.

#11 Jen42

Jen42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:47 PM

It still seems to be happening. 

Any other ideas?

thanks

#12 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,087 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 04:45 AM

Does it Reconnect if you do nothing ?

Or you could also try changing the Wifi Channel on the Wireless  Router within its settings { Options are 1 - 9 }.

Apart from that some Experts may jump in and get you to post some Logs from the Event Viewer and advise further.

Also i changed my Usb Port for Bluetooth Mouse , and I Disabled  within Device Manager for each Adapters on Power Management to not turn off by unchecking them to save power etc , and 2 days has not disconnected  so hoping this is a fix ? for me also...time will tell.

#13 Jen42

Jen42
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:52 AM

We've just had major problems with our phone lines. I wonder if the beginnings of it was causing the problem.

I'll start a new thread if the problem continues.

#14 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,087 posts
  •  

Posted 20 November 2015 - 05:51 AM

Depends , if you can connect the laptop via Ethernet cable from the router and you then have no issues with the connection , i would say its the laptop with an issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users