Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Different programs locking up

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 black1

black1

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:39 AM

Hello, I have been having an issue with one of my computers for a while now. I get lockups with various programs such as photoshop, indesign, corel, excel and a few others. I also have issues with the computer being unusable for about 15 minutes after reboot. I run Avast for virus scanning and frequently run malwarebytes. I keep up with windows updates as well. I recently did a boot time scan with Avast and found a few trojans. I then ran many other programs listed here such as adwcleaner, jst, rootkitremover etc. When I scan with everything I have now comes up clean yet I am still having the odd issues. They have been slowly getting worse over the last 2 years since it was built. The computers specs are as follows:

i7-3820 3.6ghz

256 corsair force ssd

128 corsair force ssd (for Abobe scratch disk)

32gb ddr3

Asus hd7850

By now I would have just formatted and started from scratch but that is currently not an option. I am wondering where to start beyond what I have done already. Thank you in advance.

Also, I just noticed by poking around in the Avast Component Status I found that it has blocked 124,593 viruses in the last 30 days.

Edited by black1, 24 October 2015 - 04:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users