Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pentium 2 "Monitor Going To Sleep" Win98

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Windows98Guy

Windows98Guy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 24 October 2015 - 07:43 AM

For my birthday I got a Win98 SE machine with 160mb of ram and a P2, I would rush it to a repair shop, but when I boot it up, It says monitor going to sleep, is it the monitor, or the computer?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:12 AM

For my birthday I got a Win98 SE machine with 160mb of ram and a P2, I would rush it to a repair shop, but when I boot it up, It says monitor going to sleep, is it the monitor, or the computer?

That's most likely because the monitor is not receiving any signal from the CPU. Did you check the connections?

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#3 Windows98Guy

Windows98Guy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 PM

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:17 AM

That's most likely because the monitor is not receiving any signal from the CPU. Did you check the connections?

-Pranav

No, For the CPU? I'm too lazy to remove the case ATM because it's the morning, also I don't know where the button to take it off is, I am using an HP 1530 LCD Monitor(Goodwill 15$ touch), Do you think I should try it with a different monitor first just in case(no pun intended) By the way, the PC is a Dell Optiplex GX1

From

-W98Guy

-Pranav

No, For the CPU? I'm too lazy to remove the case ATM because it's the morning, also I don't know where the button to take it off is, I am using an HP 1530 LCD Monitor(Goodwill 15$ touch), Do you think I should try it with a different monitor first just in case(no pun intended) By the way, the PC is a Dell Optiplex GX1

From

-W98Guy

Oh no, the connections for the VGA cable, Yes, I used two cables.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users