Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error when opening App

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Broski899

Broski899

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:46 PM

Hi so I'm trying to open this application I downloaded onto my laptop but everytime I do it gives me an error message saying:

"Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service." 

And I can't open it at all. I don't really know what the error means. What can I do to fix it I just want to open the app already to get on and start modding my game already :/ Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

System Specs:

Processor: AMD E-300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics 1.3 GHz
Memory: 4096 RAM

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:56 PM

"..."Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service..."  I get that also when I have too many [background/foreground] programs running.  Mostly concerning video memory, I think.  Am I reading the RAM correctly - 4GB?  That might not be enough for Windows 10 and a great high-quality video game.  Can you double the RAM in this laptop?  Wifey and I are running computers [1x8GB, 2x16GB].

Edited by RolandJS, 23 October 2015 - 07:47 PM.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#3 Broski899

Broski899
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:04 PM

How would I go about doing that? And I checked my background programs and I've stopped many but that stl didn't solve the problem. I even quit my browser running in the background. Thanks for responding btw

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:50 PM

How would I go about doing that?

I'm hoping your computer will at least allow 8GB [2x4GB sticks].

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

#5 Broski899

Broski899
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:38 PM

I'm looking into it right now. But man they're so pricey. One stick alone is up to $50. How do I add them to my laptop anyway?

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2015 - 07:14 AM

What exactly is the app you are trying to use? What is the make and model number of your laptop?

Before you go ahead and buy any ram you need to first determine what ram you have installed. I see you have 4GB now but is that one stick or two? If you are not sure you can download a program called Speccy from piriform.com. Once that is installed, go to the file menu at the top and click on publish snapshot. That will open a webpage with your system specs. Copy the url of that webpage from the address bar and post it here so we can have a look.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#7 Broski899

Broski899
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:53 PM

I figured out the issue. The app I was using was called "FF7_GameConverter" to mod FF7 game and it gave me that error message because I tried to acess the app on a drive that wasn't renamed "FF7DISC1" as it was supposed to be. Sorry about that guys I thought it had something to do with RAM running low or something. Which it might be but as of now the problem is solved.

#8 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2015 - 07:13 PM

[rjs-deleted; moot now]

Edited by RolandJS, 24 October 2015 - 08:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users