Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Passwords being deleted in Credential Manager

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bmiller1

bmiller1

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 AM

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:16 AM

Hi all, been struggling with this issue for 2 weeks now.

First started when one of my users told me that they needed to enter in their Outlook password each time they opened it.  As well as they needed to log into Box Sync each time they booted up their computer. Turns out, that the Generic Credentials were being wiped out of Crendential Manager in windows.  So I would save the password in outlook by checking "save password, etc" and it would hold for about 48 hours, then again all gone, randomly.

Then another user reported it about a week later, same exact thing.  Now today, two more users reporting the same behavior.

Anyone know what's going on?  I've scoured the internet and have found no real solution.

Here's some info

Outlook 2010

Hosted exchange through Rackspace

Box Sync v4

Windows 7 Professional

Computer not in a AD domain environment

Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users