Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavilion DV5 with partial screen display issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nuthouseinva

nuthouseinva

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:50 PM

My laptop will not use the full amount of screen available.  I have reinstalled the graphics/video drivers and checked all display/resolution settings.  

As you can see the right hand side of the screen is black and the bottom is black expect for the hiccup below the start button. 

Any help or advice is much appreciated. 

Thanks, Brian

20150923_212347_resized_zpsrlvedj2c.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nuthouseinva

nuthouseinva
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:33 PM

I connected an external monitor and it show the screen correctly. 

Still looking for help on this issue.

#3 MarkMCS

MarkMCS

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:13 PM

I would check your graphics properties.  You can right click on the desktop or go to control panel to open the interface.  Check resolution and also check that "aspect options" is set to full screen.  It looks like your resolution is wrong, especially since you don't have an issue with the external monitor.  Recheck drivers as well.

When did this issue arise and what had you changed or added just before this happened?

Edited by MarkMCS, 28 October 2015 - 08:18 PM.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.  -Emo Phillips

#4 nuthouseinva

nuthouseinva
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:31 PM

I don't recall anything prompting the change. I checked the resolution setting and tried changing the aspect ratio already. That did not work.

#5 MarkMCS

MarkMCS

• Members
  • 161 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:06 PM

Perhaps you've installed an incorrect driver.  Are you able to get to device manager and roll back driver?

You could try running Astra 32 or Speccy which will give you all the hardware info for your laptop.  you can then use the information to get the right drivers.  

please reply if you are able to correct this.

Edited by MarkMCS, 28 October 2015 - 10:09 PM.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.  -Emo Phillips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users