Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win10 Update

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 biferibiferi

biferibiferi

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:50 PM

I have win7 and every time I Delette the KB3035583 file from my Win Update list the UpDate window down by the Clock in the system try goes away.

But in about a Day it will come back telling me to UpGrade to Win10.

Now I know even if I Delette the file KB3035583 I also have to Click Hide the icone..

What I do not get is if I am Deletting it why do I have to click the Hide Tab?

To me this means that it will always be here I just wont see it.

Am I right?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 676 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:43 PM

When you see KB3035583 in the Windows update downloads, right-click it and select hide.

That's it ... until Microsoft makes a change to it and re-releases it. And if and when they do, you'll have to repeat the above procedure.

#3 TheTexasRAT

TheTexasRAT

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 28 October 2015 - 12:08 AM

I have win7 and every time I Delette the KB3035583 file from my Win Update list the UpDate window down by the Clock in the system try goes away.

But in about a Day it will come back telling me to UpGrade to Win10.

Now I know even if I Delette the file KB3035583 I also have to Click Hide the icone..

What I do not get is if I am Deletting it why do I have to click the Hide Tab?

To me this means that it will always be here I just wont see it.

Am I right?

Once you hide the update it will never come back as an update that you need to install. It will not then be able to get installed because it will never get to show up again in the list of needed updates. So no it is not still there it is gone from your system. Even if Microsoft updates the update it usually has the same number attached to it so it will still stay hidden from your new updates list. 

Also if one is having other issues with W10 notifications bothering them they can try some of the things in the links posted within thise following link:

http://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-is-torturing-windows-7-users-2015-10?utm_source=howtogeek&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter 

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,661 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:53 AM

Once you hide the update it will never come back as an update that you need to install. It will not then be able to get installed because it will never get to show up again in the list of needed updates. So no it is not still there it is gone from your system. Even if Microsoft updates the update it usually has the same number attached to it so it will still stay hidden from your new updates list.

That's not true. When Microsoft re-issue an update that you hid, it'll appear in the list of available updates again and you'll have to hide it again. This is indeed true for the KB3035583 since it's being modified every single month.

Edited by Aura, 28 October 2015 - 07:54 AM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 TheTexasRAT

TheTexasRAT

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 09:28 PM

That's not true. When Microsoft re-issue an update that you hid, it'll appear in the list of available updates again and you'll have to hide it again. This is indeed true for the KB3035583 since it's being modified every single month.

I hid it and have never seen it again. I also hide others and never see them again. I have the updates download and then let me decide when to install them, and cull out the one I do not want such as anything having to do with getting W7 ready to install W10. So I do not know why you are having it differently. I hid the KB3035583 update when it first came out and have not had it come back at all. I am on a laptop with W7Home Premium, perhaps you are on a notepad or some thing. In the articles they tell of some machines that have issues as you say but as for Desktop and laptops it should saty hidden.

#6 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  •  

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:11 PM

I have seen what Aura describes

#7 TheTexasRAT

TheTexasRAT

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 12:39 AM

I have seen what Aura describes

what kind of machine an OS do you have?

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,661 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:25 AM

I've seen that behavior on pretty much every machines I worked on, and my VMs so I think your situation is the unusual one here. Everyone's been aware that the KB3035583 reappears from the hidden list when Microsoft reissues it, and that for a while.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#9 TheTexasRAT

TheTexasRAT

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:40 PM

Well I caught it early on, as well of at least four other updates that where to help transmission W7 to W10, so perhaps being I got rid of the other updates as well, which could possibly help reload the hidden updates, I have staved by. I am sorry that I did not make a list of the updates to help others rid themselves of such though.

#10 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,661 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:42 PM

I am sorry that I did not make a list of the updates to help others rid themselves of such though.

Don't worry about that, they are posted everywhere on BleepingComputer and in rp88's thread.

unite_blue.png

#11 TheTexasRAT

TheTexasRAT

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 04:53 PM

OK this just in the KB3035583 and KB2952664 updates have showed back up in my update list. Good thing I set the updates to allow me to choose when they will get installed as I can go through them and un-select them before installing the security ones. 

So apparently my machine is no longer immune to Microsoft's  sorry business ethics.

#12 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,661 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:18 PM

I hate these updates but for another reason, because they have been reissued so many times that when I deal with Windows Update issues and files from these updates comes up, they are always from like 10 versions of them so I need to find a way to source them all. If AT LEAST Microsoft was keeping a direct download list for each of them like windows6.1-KB3035583-v3-x64.msu, etc. I would be happy.

unite_blue.png

#13 TheTexasRAT

TheTexasRAT

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:38 PM

If they would just stop doing this bleep, and just offer it as an option only I would be happy!

#14 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,661 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:14 PM

Not going to happen any time soon I guess. Plus the KB3035583 is still quite broken from what I can see so I can understand that Microsoft keeps on re-issuing it for users that actually want to use it, even though upgrading using the Media Creation Tool is much easier.

unite_blue.png

#15 TheTexasRAT

TheTexasRAT

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 07:23 PM

Yeah, I used the Media Creation Tool, as Microsoft recommends, to install W10 OS on an extra HD just so I can play with it. But I do not, but do not, want W10 nagging me to upgrade to it all the time when I am using my W7 OS HD, much less installing itself on my W7 OS HD. 

And as you say, and Microsoft recommends, using the Media Creation Tool is the way to go, and being the Update way is broke why try and fix it, simply make available the Media Creation Tool for those whom would want to Upgrade to W10 and stop with the sorry business ethics already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users