Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Suggestions for the compatibility

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 IZAC

IZAC

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:36 PM

Sup! Guyz,

Guyz actually i'm looking to get a nvidia gtx 660, but my worry is, actually i'm not be able to upgrade my mobo due to some budjet issue and currently i've a asrock mobo (http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/G31M-VS/), so my question to you guyz is. will the graphic card be compatible with my mobo and fyi my psu is coolmaster thunder 500w hope u guyz will reply

thank you

IZAC

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:38 PM

As long as there is nothing in the PCI-E slot, you should be golden, it also recommends at least a 450W PSU so you should be fine on that, as long as you have the connections for it.

#3 IZAC

IZAC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 25 October 2015 - 01:37 PM

First of all, hello! green

sorry but i don't get it, are u saying that as long as i've got an pcie x16 lane slot i'm good to go?

if that's the case i'm sry cuz' i'm not clear enough in my question, so i just elaborate it

the thing is i have a mobo with an g31 chipset, and from what i've heard is that g31 chipsets have pice ver 1.1

but when i check'd my pcie ver with this software called aida64 it states pcie ver 1.0, so what i'm tryin' to ask is will gtx 660 is compatible with pcie 1.0 or the software is gettin' it all wrng

thank you

#4 GreenGiant117

GreenGiant117

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 25 October 2015 - 02:28 PM

let me rephrase, as long as the PCI Express slot does not have a card in it then you should be fine.

There is a PCI Express slot on the motherboard, and the card will work in it.

The version doesn't matter that much other than speed, the one that you have is older and a lower version so it wont be quite as fast or good as it would be if you had a newer one, but it will work.

in the picture when following the link that you posted to your motherboard, the PCI-E slot is the big white slot next to the two RAM slots (Yellow slots at the bottom)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users