Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

change the Nickname &/or user name in this Community Forums

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RAMIA

RAMIA

• Members
  • 329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:01 AM

if need, in this Community Forums, how to change the Nickname?

& how to change the user name?

many thanks.

I am for peace

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,112 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:44 AM

To change your display name, which for you is currently RAMIA, you need to contact one of the Admin: Animal or Blade via a private message.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:37 PM

<snip> how to change the Nickname?
& how to change the user name?
<snip>

I'm going to assume you are talking about your display name (nickname) and log in name (user name). You can change your log in name. Only admins can change display names. So if you want name everyone can see when you post changed send me a PM. Otherwise if you want to change your log in, you can do that through your profile drop down menu next to your name in the upper right corner.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 RAMIA

RAMIA
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 AM

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:49 PM

" Otherwise if you want to change your log in, you can do that through your profile drop down menu next to your name in the upper right corner."

do you mean to

"Sign in anonymously" ?

Is Display name change affects the user name and opposite from this?

Edited by RAMIA, 31 October 2015 - 02:00 PM.

I am for peace

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:27 AM

Display name: what you currently use as your member name, with is RAMIA.
User name: the same name that is your display name, which is RAMIA.

If you want to change your user name to something different, contact Animal via private message and tell him you want your user/display name changed. Make sure you tell him what you want the new user name to be.

Otherwise if you want to change your log in, you can do that through your profile drop down menu next to your name in the upper right corner.

When signing in, you do so with your display/user name.

Changing the log in name is different than changing the display/user name.
Changing log in name will let you use something totally different to use when logging in. After you sign in, your display/user name will show up in your posts.

Example, my user name is Queen-Evie.
If I wanted to change the name I sign in with to, for example, ABC123XYZ, that can be done. I would use ABC123XYZ in the username field, enter my password and sign in. You would not see ABC123XYZ for my display name-you would still see Queen-Evie.

Changing your log in only name is something you are not able to do. A site admin might be able to do it for you.

Sign in anonymously is simply an option to use if you don't want anyone to know you are currently signed in to Bleeping Computer. Your name will not show up in the users online list at the bottom of the page or in the members online list.

If you sign in anonymously what you will see is your name with an asterisk. The only one who will see that is you.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 01 November 2015 - 09:30 AM.

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:57 PM

I was incorrect in my earlier mention of the member being able to change their log in name. Both display name changes and or log in name changes need to be submitted via PM to an Admin such as myself, or Blade as Queen-Evie has stated.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users