Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Only get 60hz on a 144hz monitor

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Magnetic

Magnetic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:43 AM

I've been playing on 144HZ for about a year now. A few days ago I downloaded Windows 10, and still had 144hz. When I woke up today I only get 60hz... That's the only options both on my nividia and monitor setings.. WTF. If I set my native resolution down to 1024x768 I can get 120hz, but wtf. That looks weird, and I had 144hz on 1920x1080 native resolution yesterday.. Not sure if windows 10 bleeped me over or whatever happened, but I'd be incredible happy for some solutions to my problem..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 674 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:24 PM

By far the simplest fix is to use Windows System Restore to roll Windows back to a point in time when your computer was functioning correctly. It allows you to undo system changes without affecting your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos.

Recovery options in Windows 10

If that doesn't help, try restoring an earlier system image or backup.

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:41 PM

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4910-screen-resolution-display-change-windows-10-a.html

[Microsoft kept bumping me automatically to my Windows7, so I used the above URL]

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:56 AM

Very few people use monitor drivers (other than the one's built into Windows) - but they do exist.

And, this may be a problem with your monitor not having the proper, W10 compatible drivers from the manufacturer.

It's likely that an update caused the older monitor drivers to become blocked (due to compatibility issues) and that's why it suddenly reverted to 60 hz.

See if the monitor manufacturer offers W10 compatible drivers.

Otherwise, I'd suggest posting over in the Internal Hardware forums for some more expert advice.

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users