Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HitmanPro.Alert stopped working after update message, all protection disabled?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 813 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:32 AM

Hi all!

While booting MS Win XP Pro SP3 32-bit the other day, a message from HMP.A popped up on the screen: "An update is available. It will be installed on reboot." It had a circular arrow button to the left clearly indicating "Click here to reboot", but did not respond when I clicked it. Getting a bit worried, I opened the Task Manager only to discover that approximately eight instances of this message were running simultaneously.

So I rebooted manually, thinking that the update went well, but no, it did not. However I did not notice this until now. And this is the problem; HMP.A is no longer running – if I start the HMP.A executable, it opens, but all the protection is disabled. My license is gone from HMP.A, but luckily I still have the license key stored in my Email program. When I try to reregister my license, an error message pops up saying: "A generic error occurred." And if I try to scan my computer with HitmanPro, it tries to download but reports: "Failed".

I have already posted for help with this problem in the CryptoGuard dedicated topic, and recieved help from erikloman here, and followed some steps which unfortunately did not resolve the issue, which might seem to be something 'local' on my computer:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513182/cryptoguard-prevents-your-files-from-being-taken-hostage/page-14

Please tell me how to fix this?

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,

midimusicman79

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with CanDef, uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,089 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 PM

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:41 PM

As an Authorized SurfRight Rep, erikloman is in the best position to assist with your problem. Any possible solution provided by us would be more of an educated guess. I suggest you add another reply in that support topic and let him know you still need assistance. erikloman receives numerous email requests for assistance and subscribes to several support topics. He may have overlooked your last reply or hasn't had time to reply yet.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 midimusicman79

midimusicman79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 813 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:59 AM

Hi, quietman7!

Thank you for the prompt and helpful reply! :)

I will do that. :thumbup2:

Regards,

midimusicman79

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with CanDef, uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,089 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:18 PM

You're welcome and good luck.

#5 midimusicman79

midimusicman79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 813 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:50 AM

Hi again, quietman7!

I Emailed erikloman as soon as I could on Saturday, and yesterday he provided remote assistance; and with his extraordinary expertice he actually managed to locate the error (a bug in the installer), corrected it and with his new version of the installer, now HMP.A works again! :thumbsup:

Thank you and erikloman very much for the help! :) The issue has been successfully resolved! :thumbup2:

Regards,

midimusicman79

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 52,089 posts
  •  

Posted 27 October 2015 - 07:55 AM

You're welcome on behalf of the Bleeping Computer community and erikloman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users