Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows losing focus, particularly during fullscreen games

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SoriduSnakku

SoriduSnakku

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:14 AM

Recently I've come upon a problem with Windows where it will lose focus on fullscreen games and go straight to the desktop. It doesn't crash the game, it just loses focus, like it's alt-tabbing. I've tried many different solutions, and none work. I don't believe I've installed any new services or startup programs, and even when running Windows with no non-native services or startup programs, it still happens. I no longer have any solutions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sparklestar

sparklestar

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:47 PM

How many monitors do you have?

#3 SoriduSnakku

SoriduSnakku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:23 AM

I only have one. However, I do occassionally run an HDMI cord from my graphics card to my TV, and it acts as a second monitor. When I'm not using it however I unplug it.

#4 sparklestar

sparklestar

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:17 PM

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:56 PM

Oh. Yeah I was just asking because sometimes if you have 2 monitors your mouse will keep going off to the 2nd monitor (it shouldn't do this but i have seen it happen) and then when you click it steals focus.

All I can think of is to go through all your processes and try to run as few programs as possible in case one of them is the cause.

If it only happens with full screen games then perhaps you could use this to make your games full screen windowed and then maybe it wouldn't happen anymore?

#5 SoriduSnakku

SoriduSnakku
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:00 PM

It doesn't necessarily happen only during fullscreen games, I've had it happen while running Firefox as well, it's just the most noticable during games. I have no idea why this is happening and I have tried running the computer with as few services and startup programs as possible and it still happens. I don't like it but it looks like my only option is to backup and reinstall because I don't see any other possibilities.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users