Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my laptop fan is making a weird noise

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joe600

joe600

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:51 AM

my laptop was making like a whine sound i didnt know where it was at first but i tested to see where it was coming from it seems to be coming from my fan i know i have not cleaned my laptop yet because i dont know how

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:23 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

After you have created and posted the Speccy purchase a canned duster and blow out the insides through the vent on the bottom of the case and on the side.  The computer needs to be off when you do this.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 joe600

joe600
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:04 PM

okay i have link i published http://speccy.piriform.com/results/uEhAI8fASA0JydwGBaibmXR

Edited by joe600, 22 October 2015 - 09:05 PM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,802 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:45 AM

Please answer my previous question.  What is the make and model of this computer?

One concern I had was the possibility that the computer was overheating.  But the temperatures seen in the Speccy look good.

To clean the insides of a laptop you need to purchase a can of Gas Duster.  You will need to use this with the computer off.  If you don't hold the can straight up the liquefied contents will be sprayed rather that spray gas.  If this occurs you will need to allow enough time for this to evaporate be turning the computer on.  You can help avoid this from happening by positioning the laptop so that which ever vent you are blowing through is parallel to the can. 

There are usually at least on air intake vent on the bottom of a laptop, and at least on exhaust vent on the side/s.  Blow through the bottom vent first.  If the is an accumulation of dust you may see dust blow out the exhaust vent.  Then blow through the exhaust vent.

If this doesn't stop the whining sound you may have a bearing going out in the fan. 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users