Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrade problem from Windows 7 to Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 waqnis

waqnis

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:57 PM

Running Windows 7 Professional in HP Desktop.

The Get Windows 10 icon appeared on the toobar back in August but didn't feel the need to upgrade.

Today, when I tried to upgrade by clicking on the Get Windows 10 Icon, received message:

Compatibility issue

Windows 10 cannot be installed on this PC

There are no supported networking devices.

Is there a fix ? 

My PC is part of a network. Have no problem accessing the Internet.

All updates are current.

Kindly advise.

Thank you.

Edited by hamluis, 22 October 2015 - 09:37 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Win 10 Support - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AlicePhoebe

AlicePhoebe

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:54 AM

Reinstalled the WiFi drivers and the Get Windows10 update - Locate KB3035583 update along "Installed Updates" and Uninstall it.

#3 waqnis

waqnis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2015 - 06:59 PM

Thank you.

KB3035583 uninstalled. 

Wifi drivers ?  Need help.

Found following: Intel 82566DM Gigabit Network Connection

Linksys Wireless G Pcie Adapter

Teredo Tunnelling Pseudo Interface

Nothing under Wifi driver.

#4 waqnis

waqnis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2015 - 10:19 AM

In the absence of response, I assume that currently there is no fix for this.

Also, uninstalling KB3036683, removes the "Get Windows 10" temporarily.  It returns when the computer is restarted. 

I can live with Windows 7.

Regards

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:15 AM

waquinis,

Were I you I would use the Media Creation Tool to download the correct version of Win10 for your machine and load it on to a bootable USB (or even just try the "Upgrade this PC now" feature to see if it works).

Of course, you should check at your computer manufacturer's website to see if they've said your particular machine is suitable for upgrade to Win10 first.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#6 waqnis

waqnis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:37 PM

Thank you.

1) Tried Media Creation tool.  Didn't work.

2) Before the "Get Windows 10" icon appeared on the toolbar, went through various steps to confirm upgrade eligibility.

Regards

#7 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,602 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2015 - 05:49 PM

Have you tried this with an actual ethernet connection to your modem or modem router?

If it won't work with either a wired or wireless connection then I'm at a loss as to how one could make it work, as an internet connection becomes a part of the picture regardless of what upgrade method one uses.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#8 waqnis

waqnis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 04:55 PM

Not sure of what you are trying to determine.

FYI, I live on the upper floor of a two-story house. There are four users -- Windows 7 (2), Windows 10, and Mac.

Internet service provider is AT&T Uverse.

Can connect to the net both wirelessly and 

with wired setting.

Regards

#9 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:46 PM

Even though you can run Windows 7 wired or wirelessly, when it comes to upgrading to Windows 10, do so wired

I would check out the following

You can go to the support page for your make/model and they should have a Windows 10 Upgrade check for your particular unit

You can also try

Download Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor

http://www.intowindows.com/download-windows-10-upgrade-advisor/

How to manually run Windows 10 Compatibility Appraiser

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/manually-run-windows-10-compatibility-appraiser

Hardware compatibility

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/support/compatibility

Includes search by product OR search by operating system

#10 waqnis

waqnis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:00 PM

Thank you.

Re: Windows 10 Compatibility Advisor

Command Prompt: "Access denied" 

Regards

#11 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
  •  

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:43 PM

I guess I should have said do this first

"go to the support page for your make/model and they should have a Windows 10 Upgrade check for your particular unit"

Connect directly hard wired by disconnecting or disabling Linksys Wireless G Pcie Adapter

The Windows 10 Compatibility Advisor is just a web site: there something else wrong going on

It would be good if we knew your make/model.

BTW, is the Windows 7 OS the original OS of your computer?

If so what is it?

Edited by cmptrgy, 26 October 2015 - 09:45 PM.

#12 waqnis

waqnis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:28 AM

1) HP Business Model DC7700

2) Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

3) I am not the original owner

4) HP Website for DC7700 does not has no provision to check Windows 10 Upgrade

If the PC does not meet upgrade requirements why does it have the Get Windows 10 Icon on taskbar ! 

This is beyond my ability to deal with. Greatly appreciate the time and effort to assist.

#13 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2015 - 03:41 PM

It’s possible the computer was originally a Vista system

HP Compaq Business dc7700 (Core 2 Duo 2Ghz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD, Vista Business)

http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-compaq-business-dc7700-core-2-duo-2ghz-1gb-ram-80gb-hdd-vista-business/specs/

“If the PC does not meet upgrade requirements why does it have the Get Windows 10 Icon on taskbar !”

That is a very good point but it isn’t unusual.

Generally speaking Windows 7 & Windows 8.1 qualify for the normal Windows 10 upgrade but factors involving prior versions become involved as the basic system drivers and/or software may not be compatible with Windows 10

In the normal approach to upgrading to Windows 10 it isn’t known whether or not the computer is actually upgradeable until the check my pc procedure that Windows 10 uses finally issues a report that the computer is ready to be upgraded to Windows 10 or that it doesn’t meet the upgrade requirements as you have seen.

Does this screenshot look similar to the notice that your computer doesn’t meet the upgrade requirements?

If so it should show why.

Attached Files

#14 waqnis

waqnis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:02 AM

Attached File  Windows 10 Compatibility Issue.png   654.57KB   0 downloadsThe onscreen message that I see looks somewhat different but basically same content.  

RegardsAttached File  Windows 10 Compatibility Issue.png   654.57KB   0 downloads

#15 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,666 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:07 PM

In your post #12 “HP Website for DC7700 does not has no provision to check Windows 10 Upgrade” that’s pretty ominous but if you’d like to pursue the issue a little bit more, check out the following

Unfortunately your screenshots didn’t open on my computer or another at our senior center.

In your first post you mentioned

Compatibility issue

Windows 10 cannot be installed on this PC

There are no supported networking devices.

I can’t determine yet whether or not either one or both the Intel 82566DM Gigabit Network Connection & Linksys Wireless G Pcie Adapter are incompatible or can be updated to be compatible with Windows 10

--- I did find an Intel website I can go through and if I can find out about it I’ll let you know

--- It would be good to know the Linksys Wireless G Pcie Adapter make/model

I can’t explain why but maybe your attempts are failing because there isn’t any supported networking devices as far as Windows 10 is concerned for whatever reason.

--- If you can see if you can get an external USB Ethernet adapter that is Windows 10 compatible

Here is an example of one with system requirements that include Windows 10

Network Adapter, Anker USB 3.0 to RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter Supporting 10/100/1000 bit Ethernet

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NOP70EC/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687762&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00YI8CY6I&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=01R9DSK9KNBX6EYNMZY4

--- I am not proposing that this is the one to purchase but just as an example

You can also consider USB wireless adapter with system requirements that include Windows 10

EDIT

Intel® 82566DM-2 Gigabit Network Connection overview

http://www.intel-r-82566dm-2-gigabit-network-connec.drivers.informer.com/

--- Unfortunately it doesn’t show a Windows 10 version

Edited by cmptrgy, 30 October 2015 - 08:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users