Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 out, users happy, PCs upgraded, my work here is done

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 12,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:32 PM

Joe Belfiore, Microsoft's head of operating systems, is going to take a year-long leave of absence from the biz once Windows 10 has rolled out.

By November, Microsoft should have finished emitting Windows 10 to smartphones, completing the play Redmond is making for a single operating system to cover all possible computers and devices. Once that's done, Belfiore will be gathering up his family and heading for the high seas.

"SO ... after dreaming about the idea for years ... and with our kids getting ALMOST too old for something crazy ... we've decided that we are going to take our family on the EDUCATIONAL TRIP OF OUR LIFETIME," Belfiore wrote on his Facebook page.

"In January – we're heading out on SEMESTER AT SEA for a journey around the world, along with 600+ college students and a handful of faculty and 'lifelong learners' like us. We think a floating college campus will be an amazing environment for everyone in our family to get a chance to see and experience the diversity all around the world and better appreciate what we have here."

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/10/21/microsofts_belfiore_taking_year_leave/

My Opinion.

Users Happy? Job Done? In what alternate universe?  Maybe Joe should read a few forums like this and see what people think of his work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:04 AM

I thought Mobile wasn't even out yet.  On the rest of what I'm thinking, 'tis best to keep silent.  :axe:

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#3 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:14 AM

UPDATE: Lumia sales are down, followup article in The Register, here.  Some claim it's because folks are waiting for the 950.  If so, then why did Belfiore leave?  The article has other info, like the low stress on the models, sorta kicking them to the curb.

A year for someone to be away when Mobile is supposed to be key and in Win10's first year of existence, sounds funky.

Sorry, but too many things are going wrong.  To many events and problems look like bad top brass.

Edited by brainout, 27 October 2015 - 01:16 AM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users