Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pidion Bluebird bip-6000 PDA

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TheNightowl

TheNightowl

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:29 PM

I have a problem.

My van was broken into and they nabbed my bird.

My question is can it be located by GPS if they use it? What if they remove the sim card? Can it still be tracked? The first thing I did was contact my provider and put my account/number on hold so its pretty much useless to them.

I can't afford to just run out and buy another one, and need it badly for my job!

Any info appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:23 PM

I would contact the vendor and ask them what their thoughts are on possibility of recovery. Or how best to facilitate tracking and recovery. Wouldn't your insurance cover the loss of the device or at least that portion up to the deductible?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users