Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer turns on automatically, beeps then shuts down

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 System status

System status

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:29 PM

I am having a problem and I am not sure sure how to solve it. As stated in the title, the computer turns on automatically, beeps then shuts down. I have tried clearing the CMOS through the jumper way, but that does not seem to work. I am going to get a new lithium battery to replace the CMOS the battery way, but I am not confident that will work.

I am not sure if it's an overheating problem as the computer has been turned off for hours and still shuts down automatically after the beep. I have tried unplugging everything like keyboard, mouse, etc. except the power cable but I am still having the same problem.

I have tried using an old PSU but I am not sure if I am connecting everything correctly with that one as it has different cables to my current one.

The computer boots up automatically after I switch on the power switch at the back of the computer, beeps then instantly shuts down. If I leave the power switch on, it repeats the boot up, then beep, then shut down problem every few minutes.
PSU is an Antec Neo ECO 520C.

I think the motherboard is Intel D60188-001. I think the Graphics Card is a Gigabyte N14180. I think the RAM is a Kingston KVR667D2N5/1G.

All Hardware except the PSU I think is at least 8 years old. PSU is 4 years old. I had to start using my old graphics card recently as my newer graphics card stopped working properly.

I have tried reseating the RAM, removing the hard drive and inserting a Windows installation CD but the problem still occurs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:32 PM

I would replace the less-than-$5 CMOS battery, as a start...whether it helps or not.

Louis

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 AM

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:14 PM

What is the make and model of the motherboard?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users