Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Background on my win 10 updates problem.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:52 PM

Windows updates problem.

I do not know if this will be of any of any use or not.

I only noticed that my updates had not been loading and installing just a few days ago.
I normally check them every two weeks or so.

Earlier there were 30 or so updates listed and Windows defender still updates regularly and says it is currently up to date. For me windows updates and defender updates useually come together.
Normally takeing 10 to 15 seconds depending on the number and size of the updates.

Now however when forceing an update within 3 seconds I get a failure to dl/install messge and windows update will keep trying. This happens every time I click retry.

If I click on advanced options I get a error message in red that some settings are being controled by my corporation??? What corporation. Microsoft's corporation cause I certainly do not have one.
Just this single PC.

I have always been set to dl/install updates automaticaly no other options are available to me. Altho when 10 first installed there were other options listed but no more.

The newest update I can find installed is dated 9-23-2015 most are 9-04-2015 there used to be many more listed but not anymore.

Error messages have been0x80070564; 0x80070409; 0x80080008 and 0x800f096.

Thank you all for trying to help.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:11 PM

danny, I noticed that you also have a thread about this issue on Sysnative, which is the home forum for Windows Update Experts like Brian, tom, Go The Power, niemero, etc. I see that Brian was already assisting you with that issue, so I suggest you to keep on going with this thread since more advanced troubleshooting can be provided with him over at Sysnative :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:19 PM

Yes thank you I also psoted this background there as well. I figure it will probably be a few days before they can get to those logs.

I just thought The background info may be of some help. But then again maybe not.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,474 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:41 PM

If you're getting assisted on Sysnative, I'll ask you to stick to your thread there please. This is to prevent multiple solutions to be tried at the same time, and the helper not being up to date with what is being done on the system :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:28 PM

will do. I just did not want the people here who tried to help me think That I was ignoreing there help.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,474 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:47 PM

In the future what you can do is a post the URL to your thread on the other forum and say that you are getting assisted there instead, so users that wishes to monitor your thread over there will be able to do so :)

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users