Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random "Log In" screen when Windows 10 PC is locked

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cecilia421

Cecilia421

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:20 PM

I noticed within the past week that, when my PC is locked and the lock screen is showing, it will randomly look like it's trying to log in without any action on my part. The lock screen will go up and then the loading circle will appear for a few seconds. Then, the screen goes black and it returns to the lock screen image. I have no problems logging in or out, but it's just kind of annoying and buggy. This is on both my laptop and my desktop. Any thoughts? Has anyone else seen this?

"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards."
- Soren Kierkegaard

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kabis

kabis

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 PM

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:53 PM

It's possible that a certain program is downloading and installing the updates automatically.

When you lock the PC, try to disconnect the Internet to see if the problem still occur.

#3 Cecilia421

Cecilia421
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:29 PM

Wow - sorry for the delay in reply. That does seem to have some effect on it, because when I put it in airplane mode and then lock it, it does not do it. I have multiple programs installed that could be running updates in the background. How do I find out what program is causing it? It's really annoying. 

Edited by Cecilia421, 13 November 2015 - 03:30 PM.

- Soren Kierkegaard

#4 Cecilia421

Cecilia421
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:34 PM

Nope - I take that back. It just did it again and it's not connected to the internet. It does this constantly, every few minutes. Any suggestions?

- Soren Kierkegaard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users