Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help removing VNC Viewer with Windows 10 Pro/Revo Uninstaller

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 findo

findo

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:17 PM

I just recently resolved a memory issue with help from Bleeping Computer. Said issue was preventing me from installing the new OS. So I am a little late joining the Windows 10 rave. That being said my issue may not be an issue with Windows 10 specifically so bare with me. After updating and installing windows 10 I felt it was time to clean up my disk drives. This meant removing programs I've stopped using or will not need to use for the next year or so. 

I successfully removed several programs with Revo Uninstaller, until I came to VNC viewer. It was no where to be seen in the program list available for uninstall. So I tried the control panel pathway to find the same issue. I've done several internet searches but all that has come to the surface is several attempts to remove VNC Viewer as part of a larger group of programs and .exe files that were corrupted or infected by a virus or trojan. I don't believe this is a virus issue, my webroot scans have shown zero threats. I've also ran a few anti-malware programs with no reports relating to VNC Viewer. I apologize if this should be posted else where I thought perhaps this may be a known issue with Windows 10 since thus far their have been numerous complaints. 

Any advice on how to proceed would be helpful. My only thought is to save everything I need to one of my drives and do a fresh install but that seems a little over the top for a non-malicious file removal. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:53 PM

download and Install EVERYTHING    32bit or 64 bit depending on your system.

Allow it to scan......then type in the name of your program...VNC......if it finds it.....right click the entries you wish to remove and select delete.

There is also information available HERE  

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

Microsoft gives you Windows, Linux gives you the whole house...

#3 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:12 PM

VNC viewer 32bit or 64bit?   Which Revo - free is 32bit, pro is 64bit & 32bit.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#4 findo

findo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:33 PM

64 VNC Viewer, 64 bit OS but I am using Revo free. So I suppose that is the 32bit version.

#5 findo

findo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:37 PM

I was just thinking about this further and I think VNC Viewer is stand alone and doesn't require install. Would that also mean an uninstall is not required? I've never thought about deleting stand alone .exe files before.

#6 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,478 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:38 PM

64 VNC Viewer, 64 bit OS but I am using Revo free. So I suppose that is the 32bit version.

Revo pro is 64bit; I'm wondering if CTL PNL --> Programs module will do the job?

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#7 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,707 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:10 PM

Allow it to scan......then type in the name of your program...VNC......if it finds it.....right click the entries you wish to remove and select delete.

....it will be found...if it is there at all.

fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

#8 findo

findo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:35 PM

Ok will try both asap, I'll post after.

#9 findo

findo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:38 PM

Revo pro is 64bit; I'm wondering if CTL PNL --> Programs module will do the job?

Sorry I wasn't sure if there was an additional way to run control panel programs module. I tried this before my OP. 

#10 findo

findo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:50 PM

Thanks for this program suggestion. This appears to have worked. There where some minor files left after the delete attempt but all other traces are gone. I'm going to use this nifty tool to get my documents/media in order. Thanks again!

#11 Condobloke

Condobloke

• Members
  • 5,707 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:00 AM

My pleasure.

I used the Tools/Startup area in CCleaner to stop Everything starting with the PC....it draws a few hp on startup and I don't need it running all the time.......that just me being fussy...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users