Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

First Time Building a PC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stephen H.

Stephen H.

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:07 PM

Hi everyone! I have decided to build a computer for the first time. I am also looking to overclock the cpu and that will also be a first for me. I want to be able to play games like Witcher 3 without spending a ton of money. I'm not worried about 4K gaming. I'd like to be able to play at 1080p, but I'd be alright with 720p.

Input would be much appreciated since I'm not entirely sure of what I'm doing and I'll be treating this as a learning experience.

Here is what I've put together.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($98.89 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($69.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($44.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($52.33 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Superclocked Video Card  ($127.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  ($17.89 @ OutletPC)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM (64-bit)  ($97.89 @ OutletPC)
Total: $649.83
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-10-21 14:05 EDT-0400

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

Looks like a good part list. Happy building!

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 Highjinks

Highjinks

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:26 AM

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:59 PM

It looks like an overall pretty good build, but if you're looking to play Witcher 3 on full graphics, at 1080, you're going to want get a stronger CPU and GPU. You meed the minimum requirements, but Witcher 3 is a beast of a game and to play on good video settings you kinda need a beast of a machine to run it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users