Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recycler... 3.7gig Of What?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 phil1963

phil1963

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 AM

Posted 20 July 2006 - 07:25 AM

after 3 days i am finally free of virtumonde, spyware quake etc etc... after running DRWEBCUREIT, EWIDO, VUNDOFIX, using KILLBOX on files hijackthis and finally "virtumondebegone"....however, I now have these 2 folders ,.... c:/RECYCLER and c:/system volume information. RECYCLER looks like it has 3 files inside which are partitioned off my hard drive 3,7 gig in total.... and the icons for these files are the same as recycle bins.... the system volume information folder is "inaccessible access denied"

Can anyone shed light on these things?

How do I get my 3.7 gig back??

I havent been game to explore inside these files until I know how they got there??

Please Help !!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 21 July 2006 - 06:24 AM

Hi Phil63

Check out this forum http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58211/ew/

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure