New to the forums. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I bought an EVGA Geforce GTX 750Ti to replace by Nvidia Geforce 9600. Problem is, when I boot up the PC with the new GPU, it gets stuck in the HP setup screen. The blue one with the hand that says "hit esc for setup." Hitting escape does nothing. The computer sits there idle. The fan on the graphics card is functioning. The PC then beeps 4 times (with a 25 second pause in between each beep), then immediately after the 4th beep are 3 quick beeps that occur within a split second of each other, then the monitor shuts down, but the PC remains on. Hitting the power button shuts the PC down immediately. If I pop the old graphics card back in, it boots up fine. Same thing if I use onboard graphics as well....boots fine. Here is the info I believe you need...
Thermaltake TR2 W0070 430W ATX12V v2.3 Power Supply http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153023&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-VigLink-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=6150412&SID=ig0bdbbxb8003n5q00053
What I've tried:
- downloaded drivers for new card > ran driver sweeper in safe mode to remove old drivers > shut down > installed new GPU (securely) > power on > stuck on HP boot screen, so then i tried...
- reset PC to factory settings
- reinstalled windows 10 (PC came with windows 7 originally)
- reseating RAM (suggested in another forum)
- reseating battery to motherboard (suggested in another forum)
- making sure Legacy was enabled in bios (suggested in another forum)
the new card is said to work with a 300wt PSU or above. Mine is 430wt so I don't think it's that. I've reseated the card numerous time. I'm sure it's not that. I'm out of ideas. Any help would be much appreciated. FYI, I've seen some suggest making sure the PSU is plugged into the GSU, but mine draws power from the motherboard...there is no connection.