Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a virus.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Wrigleys

Wrigleys

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:42 PM

I have a virus or something and i found it but when I try to delete it it says cant remove when program is running. I tried to close it with task manager so i could delete it and it wont let me close it. I have no clue what im doing. Please help really expensive gaming computer :(

Edited by Wrigleys, 20 October 2015 - 05:46 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 olgun52

olgun52

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,784 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:46 PM

Hello Wrigleys and :welcome: to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.

My name is Yılmaz and I'll help you with the cleanup of malware from your computer.

Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.

• Please complete all steps in the specified order.
  • Even if tools don't find malware, I want you to post the logfiles anyway.
  • Please copy and paste the logfiles directly into your posts. Please do not attach them unless you are instructed to do so.
  • Read the instructions carefully. If you have problems, stop what you  were doing and describe the problems you encountered as precisely as  you can.
  • Don't install or uninstall software during the cleanup unless you are told to do so.
  • If you can't answer for the next few days, please let me know. If  you haven't answered within 5 days, I am assuming that you don't need  help anymore and your topic will be closed.
  • I can not guarantee that we will find and be able to remove all  malware. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review  my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic
  • As my first language is not English, please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to understand.

• Please open as administrator  the computer. How is open as administrator  the computer?
  • Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, as they will  interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do  this, please refer to get help here

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do the following.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Make sure the following option is checked: addition.png
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

-------------------------------------------

Are you still with us? :hello:

Sincerely

Best regards

paypal.gif
If you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, then you can consider a donation. Thank you. :thumbup2:
Malware fix forum
If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!

#3 Wrigleys

Wrigleys
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:13 PM

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:18 PM

I removed the virus from my computer, and it is not running in task manager anymore. The only problem im having now it getting my admin right back. It still wont let me open malwarebytes or any program of any sort. I cant open system restore either. When i try to run msconfig it flash a black cmd screen the goes away. I dont know if it makes a difference but all my programs like malwarebytes have no icon.

#4 olgun52

olgun52

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,784 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:03 PM

Hi Wrigleys,

Step 1:
Following steps involve registry editing. Please create new restore point before proceeding!!!
How to:
XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948247
Vista and Seven - http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/create-a-restore-point-for-windows-vistas-system-restore/

Please go to Start=>Run (alternatively use Windows key+R), type regedit and click OK.
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root
Right-Click Root and select Permissions...
Under Security type while Everyone is selected put a check mark in the box under Allow next to Full Control.
Click Apply and OK

Step 2:
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools

Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.
  • Link 2
    Link 3
    Link 4
  • Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
  • If using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
  • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
  • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
  • If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
  • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
  • If your antivirus program gives a prompt message, respond positive to allow RKILL to run.
  • If a malware-rogue gives a message regarding RKILL, proceed forward to running RKILL
IF you still have a problem running RKILL, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.

When all done, rkill.txt log file will be on your desktop. Copy & Paste contents of Rkill.txt into a new reply.

More Information about Rkill can be found at this link: http://www.bleepingc...opic308364.html

Step 3:
Please run Farbar Service Scanner.
  • Make sure the following options are checked:
    • Internet Services
    • Windows Firewall
    • System Restore
    • Security Center
    • Windows Update
    • Windows Defender
    • Other Services
  • Press "Scan".
  • It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
  • Please copy and paste the log to your reply.
Step 4:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
  • Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Make sure the following option is checked: addition.png
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Best regards

paypal.gif
If you wish to show appreciation and support me personally fighting against malware, then you can consider a donation. Thank you. :thumbup2:
Malware fix forum

#5 olgun52

olgun52

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,784 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2015 - 03:45 PM

Hello Wrigleys,

3 Day Inactivity

This is the third day since my last post. Are you still there?

If you need more time, just let me know.

If you do not post within 48 hours, this thread will be closed due to inactivity.

Best regards

paypal.gif
Malware fix forum

#6 olgun52

olgun52

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,784 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:00 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

Best regards

paypal.gif
Malware fix forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users