Hi Wrigleys, Step 1:Following steps involve registry editing. Please create new restore point before proceeding!!!How to:
XP - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948247
Vista and Seven - http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/create-a-restore-point-for-windows-vistas-system-restore/
Please go to Start=>Run (alternatively use Windows key+R), type regedit
and click OK.
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root
and select Permissions...
type while Everyone
is selected put a check mark in the box under Allow
next to Full Control
and OK Step 2:Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware
applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Please download Rkill
by Grinler and save it to your desktop.
- Link 2
- Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
- If using Vista or Windows 7, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
- A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
- If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
- If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
- If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
- If your antivirus program gives a prompt message, respond positive to allow RKILL to run.
- If a malware-rogue gives a message regarding RKILL, proceed forward to running RKILL
IF you still have a problem running RKILL, you can download iExplore.exe
, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.
When all done, rkill.txt
log file will be on your desktop. Copy & Paste contents of Rkill.txt into a new reply.More Information about Rkill can be found at this link: http://www.bleepingc...opic308364.html Step 3:
Please run Farbar Service Scanner
- Make sure the following options are checked:
- Internet Services
- Windows Firewall
- System Restore
- Security Center
- Windows Update
- Windows Defender
- Other Services
- Press "Scan".
- It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
- Please copy and paste the log to your reply.
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool
and save it to your desktop
You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
- Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
- Make sure the following option is checked:
- Press Scan button.
- It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
- The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.