Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unknown login password

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 oldtexan

oldtexan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:06 PM

Recently lost a loved one that has left behind a gateway tablet I guess it what you'd call it anyways the question is can I or is there a way to access this thing to retrieve family pictures without the password...............help me please if you can or direct me to a place I can get some help with this

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:17 AM

This is one of the situations where members want to help, but we find ourselves in a quandary.  There is a forum rule that you need to be aware of.  The following is the first line of this rule.

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures.

The problem here is that we have no way of knowing whether you are the legal owner of this computer or someone who is after information on the computer which they do not own.  I'm not implying that you are not the legal owner of this computer.  But you can see the position this places us in.

Having said that, I can only tell you that the answers are out there, and Google is you friend.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,381 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:49 AM

We sympathize with your situation. Though your question about passwords is most likely legitimate, there are those who would pretend to need such assistance in order to gain unauthorized access to a computer not owned by them. We have no way of confirming ownership or if someone is being truthful with us. As such we don't provide step by step instructions but we certainly can help you find the information you seek.

This article describes the Microsoft policy about missing, lost, forgotten, or incorrect passwords...Microsoft support engineers cannot help you retrieve passwords of files and features in Microsoft products that are lost or forgotten.

Microsoft policy about lost or forgotten passwords

You can refer to these Microsoft articles.

Forgotten Password Instructions provided by Microsoft:

Non-Microsoft Forgotten Password Guides:

Password Recovery Tools:

You would be amazed at what any person can find out...just using Google, IMO.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users