Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java SSV

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 durkinjt

durkinjt

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:20 PM

I noticed in my add-ons I have a program called "Java Plug-In SSV Helper 32 Bit". Can any tell me what it is for and do I need it? Checked Google and got more confused by different opinions. I looked in my program folder and have "Java 8 Update". T.I.A.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 packetanalyzer

packetanalyzer

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:30 PM

durkinjt,

The Java Plug-In SSV Helper is a plugin installed in web browsers to support Java applications that run on websites. Because Java is a frequently exploited program by attackers, it is very important to make sure you install updates for Java. It is always important to keep your programs up to date but Java is definitely one you want to make a priority when you update your computer. If the Java Plug-In SSV Helper plugin is disabled Java applications in websites will not run.

You can determine if the Java Plug-In SSV Helper plugin is installed and enabled by going HERE. If the animation displays then you have the Java Plug-In SSV Helper plugin installed and it is enabled in your web browser.

#3 durkinjt

durkinjt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:39 PM

durkinjt,

The Java Plug-In SSV Helper is a plugin installed in web browsers to support Java applications that run on websites. Because Java is a frequently exploited program by attackers, it is very important to make sure you install updates for Java. It is always important to keep your programs up to date but Java is definitely one you want to make a priority when you update your computer. If the Java Plug-In SSV Helper plugin is disabled Java applications in websites will not run.

You can determine if the Java Plug-In SSV Helper plugin is installed and enabled by going HERE. If the animation displays then you have the Java Plug-In SSV Helper plugin installed and it is enabled in your web browser.

Thanks, Java is working fine. I'll leave everything as is.

#4 packetanalyzer

packetanalyzer

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:28 PM

You are very welcome. Please let me know if you have any other questions about Java.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users