Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Packet Identifier?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mrne72

mrne72

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 02 December 2004 - 03:42 PM

I'm sorry to be such a pain, lol, but I keep getting intercepted incoming and outgoing TCP and UDP packets messages from McAfee firewall. I was wondering if there was a program that would actually tell you what's in these, or could better ID them. The one thing I hate about windows and many programs is they're notification is like idiot lights on your dashboard rather than gauges. I want to know what the thing is doing, not that it has done it and now I'm doomed to the consequences.
I believe I'm still a victim of some damn hack, but I'm not sure. Like in my previous post, I have one IP address traced back to the info in Canada, and the other is off somewhere by China. I just did a few more traces and they range from California to Colorado to Texas. :flowers: Am I being used as a server? lol :thumbsup:
Thanks again for your time :trumpet:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 02 December 2004 - 04:32 PM

lena.gsfa.nasa.gov was the top response from google when I copy/pasted your topic "Packet Identifier" into the addressbar. I might just try those steps, when I'm feeling scientifically focused. :thumbsup: It's safe to say you're not alone wondering about this issue.

Edited by phawgg, 02 December 2004 - 04:33 PM.

patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 02 December 2004 - 05:48 PM

phawgg,

The link you noted above is dead.

However the Cached page cited by google still displays.

(I guess I'm saying you'd better download it before it too disappears... LOL)
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#4 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 02 December 2004 - 09:59 PM

I checked it in both IE & FF, still works. There were several thousand other responses as well.
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users