Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

image recovery

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tubealoop

tubealoop

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:59 AM

is there a way to recover pictures from old emails? they are pictures that were copy and pasted to the email and have thier own link. is there a way to recover them?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:22 AM

Welcome to BC !

Were these emails stored in a now deleted email account online....in the cloud?

If so, you won't be able to recover them.

If the images were once stored at an image hosting website such as Photo Bucket and that account is active, then they likely are still there unless

whoever stored the images deleted them.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 tubealoop

tubealoop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:32 AM

no they are in just a regular email folder

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,420 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:11 AM

Then what did you mean by them having their own link? That suggests they are/ were stored online at one time. Right click on

the link to see if it will give you any info if properties is an option.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 tubealoop

tubealoop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:35 AM

this is all i get

#6 tubealoop

tubealoop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:40 AM

i cant put the picture of my screen but no it does not give me the properties. it has a paper on the top left corner of the picture that is ripped in half

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,420 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:34 AM

What happens if click or double click on that icon?

That icon usually means file missing, file corrupted or need a different program to open...

Not much help....other than bumping....maybe someone else reading your topic has a better idea of what is happening...

#8 tubealoop

tubealoop
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:51 AM

it sends me to the link of the picture but i get redirected to another website... my email is yahoo and this email is from 09 and from a aol email  if that helps any

#9 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:59 AM

If I understand correctly, you are using a web-based email program, correct?  What email program are you using?  Is it using POP3 or is it using IMAP?  If your emails were not also being stored on your hard-drive, and if the former link to any particular email does not take you directly to that particular email, recovery will depend upon the backup/restore facilities of the entity storing your emails.  I'm just tossing ideas onto the table.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users