Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

32bit download onto 64bit machine

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ronpardy435

ronpardy435

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:50 PM

I have no problems in downloading Windows 10 onto my 64bit machine and have done so in the form of an ISO, as suggested on the Microsoft site.

At this stage I don't want it on my 64bit machine and would prefer it to go onto a spare 32bit machine that I have,

When I tried to download the 32bit version they advised me that they couldn't do that as they recognised my machine as a 64bit.............which of course it is.

I want it to go onto my spare 32bit machine so as I can play with it and get used to it.

I am quite happy with Windows 7 on my 64bit machine and do not intend to change until I have to.

Is there a way around my problem?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Ron

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,825 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:20 PM

If you use the Media Creation Tool it gives you the option to download media (the ISO) to "Upgrade another PC".  If you're not actually doing the upgrade on the 32-bit machine you refer to, you are going to have to download it via the method I mention with the Media Creation Tool.

Were I you, I would simply do the upgrade process on the 32-bit PC using the Media Creation Tool with the Upgrade this PC option.  That's the far safer method to use.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 leithanne

leithanne

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:27 PM

Shall we assume that your 32-bit machine does not have an eligible OS on it?

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,519 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:33 PM

RonPardy may be doing what I often do: download both the 64bit and 32bit EXEs or MSIs. That way, his hard-drive has a library of installs that can be done offline and/or whenever he feels like it.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#5 ronpardy435

ronpardy435
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:15 AM

Both machines have legit OS.

The 32bit is only a spare and is not connected to the internet......Now you will say " why don't you connect the 32bit to the internet", which is the sensible answer but I don't want to go to all the hassle and just want the spare computer to try programmes on and to play around on. 

If I could download both 64bit and 32 EXES I would but I don't know how to................can you advise and indicate where I can download please.

Thank you for your replies so far.

Ron

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,825 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 PM

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:06 AM

Ron,

Use the Media Creation Tool.  You're as capable of searching this site for the direct link or Microsoft's site as any of us are.

You can lead a horse to water . . .

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#7 ronpardy435

ronpardy435
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 10:27 AM

Now I understand.

First you download the Media Creation Toolx64.

Within this tool there is an option to download 32bit for another computer in the form of an ISO.

Thank you Brian for your condescending reply...........I had a look at your web page.....................no comment.

Thank you all for your help.........I got there in the end.