Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting A Car Now Have To Work 8 Hours A Week

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:39 PM

Well im getting a car this coming thursday. I found a guy in Georgia who has one that he just paid off last month I think he said. Never been smoked in and is in perfect shape.

KBB value for excellent shape on this car is 9000 bucks. I got it for 8000 bucks.

Its a 2001 civic ex coupe with 87,000 miles on it.

Now I have to work 8 hours a week to get it paid for.

Thats milking cows 4 days a week. Well at least I dont have to pay gas to get to work each day. Just walk or ride the atv.

But now I HAVE to be their on time on those days. Prob Mon-Teu. and Thurs-Fri.

But they said they can be flexible. Its 20 bucks per milking and milking is little over 2 hours.

I have to milk cows just 13 times a month I think to earn enough to pay for the car. :thumbsup:

It will even come washed and waxed for me! This man is very particular guy. He takes very good care of his cars. So as far as body and inside goes its like getting a new car.

Here is 2 pics of the car.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 19 July 2006 - 11:42 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:10 AM

Nice set of wheels! :thumbsup:

2001 civic ex coupe with 87,000 miles

That's really not bad. 87,000 miles in 5 years, isn't bad at all. Most vechiles that my family or friends have usually have 90,000+ for cars they got in 2003.

Congrats. :flowers:
I'm assuming you got your license, then? (You never announced that, of if you did, I must have missed it).

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:22 AM

No and my permitt expired a little while ago. I was told since it was past 9 months since it expired I have to retake the test. Thats one reason we didnt go back is because I DID NOT want to retake the test and now I waited to long and I have to retake it or get my full liscense.

Since I have not put in enough hours or practice im getting my permitt again.

I had some issues with driving when I first got my permitt and I have not wanted to drive much since then.

I almost hit a tree and found out just how fast accidents can happen and how dangerous driving is.

It scared me a little and I didnt drive the whole time I had my permitt. I only drive a little now on our local back roads because I dont have my permitt.

Now I will just get the permitt and drive my new car. I can get my liscense in it now.

Also a Friend I knew died in a car accident and maybe that made me scared too because I could also die.

Thats my story. Getting a car before he even set foot off a backroad...
I have matured a lot though since 15 and think im much better prepared and able to drive safely.

Having a car will be cool. Not so cool parts is gas bills and monthly payments for the car and INSURANCE!
Its 1200 bucks a year for me unless I get on my parents plan and thats what im doing. Since I dont have my liscense its going in my moms name and so I only have to pay 500 or so a year for insurance.

We test drove one(a 2000) the other day and these little cars get up and going fast. The 2000 has a 1.6 liter and this has a 1.7 liter. From what I have read from stock it goes from 0 to 60 in 8 seconds. Not all that bad for 1.7 liters and 40 miles per gallon on the freeway.

Edited by cowsgonemadd3, 20 July 2006 - 12:28 AM.

#4 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:27 AM

Ooohhh...its pertty!!! :inlove: Congrats, cowsgonemadd3!!!! :thumbsup:

Don't worry about driving...I crashed an ATV once because I froze up as it started to swerve. My dad was with me, and I was more worried about him than me!! He was limping for months after that, and I felt sooo guilty, even though my dad stayed with me because he was worried about me!! How's that for familial love??? :flowers:

Anyway, just don't freeze, and stay alert, and you'll be fine!!! :trumpet:

#5 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:31 AM

Yeah I know. It also feels weird to DRIVE your parents around....Part of growing up I guess. Sometimes I dont like change so I got to get over this fear...

#6 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:20 AM

Take the Georgia plate off the front and it's golden :thumbsup:

BTW: My parents NEVER want to ride with me. Well, my dad doesn't have a problem with it, but my mom hates it. She always drives my mini when we have to go somewhere together and her car is unavaible..... the sad thing is, she's horrible w/ manual transmission..... :flowers:

#7 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 20 July 2006 - 02:27 AM

Scored a good deal there CGM3!!

I wish I could afford something nice like that. :thumbsup:

You didnt mention is it a manual or automatic?

Got anything planned for it, mods of any kind? Have fun with it! :flowers:

BTW: dont worry about trees, theres a lot more worse things out there you can hit, ive found out. :trumpet:

-Nick

#8 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:46 AM

AUTO! I do not want to shift. Its fine on a atv and would not want it any other way on a atv but on a car its a lot of shifting.

As far as mods go...

A spoiler...123 bucks
A set of rims around 200+ bucks
A dixie horn kit(love those things) 50 bucks or so
And Maybe a fog light kit its around 30 bucks or less
If the Bulbs are not bright enough im getting a set of those h4 or h3 halogen ones that look blue or super white at night(about 20 bucks or less)
And im getting a tail light kit one of those clear euro style. About 60 or 70 bucks

Thats about it. The man has already tinted the windows to the max he said(I dont really care either way).

#9 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 04:22 PM

Happy FIRST CAR!
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#10 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:00 PM

The man has already tinted the windows to the max he said(I dont really care either way).

There actually is a legal limit to how tinted windows on vechiles can be. (for the drivers seat at least) for safety reasons for cops.

#11 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:40 PM

Thats what he said. He did it to the legal max. Its a 200-300 job at least.
I just thought of another thing to get. A 6 cd changer!

#12 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:05 AM

Why 6? Get a 12 cd changer! :thumbsup: Or better yet, buy an iPod (or MP3 player and get the adapter for the cassette player when you attach the cable to your headphones and then put the "blank" cassette in and you can listen to your entire music all the time. :flowers: <== I'm saving up for an iPod to do that.

#13 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2006 - 10:21 AM

Ipods stink....
Just about any other mp3 maker(like samsung or sony) has a better mp3 player than a ipod. Ipods have few features and the new NANO scratches super easy.

I think you can get radios with inputs. If not ever heard of those FM transmitters? Set your radio to a channel and then put play your mp3 through the fm transmitter and it comes through your car speakers wirelessly.

And if the guy next to you on the road has his radio on the same channel he will be able to listen too!

I think 6 cd's is enough but if a 12 will fit in 1 slot in the car I could do that.

I think I start milking cows tonight!

#14 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2006 - 11:20 AM

With all the things you are thinking about getting for your car, you are going to have to work more than 8 hours a week! Beware lest the pretty car begins to own YOU, instead of the other way around!
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#15 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:37 PM

EMPHASIS on "THINKING" lol
I do plan to get a spoiler and prob the horns. I will get a set of rims once my tires wear out so I dont have to pay any extra money.

Cd changers arent expensive if you get a used one on ebay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users