Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgrading SX2802: Help with compatible upgrades

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tbrandt

tbrandt

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 AM

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:59 AM

I'm looking to move my Gateway SX2802 to a new case to accommodate upgrades. First, what size is the motherboard in this computer, micro ATX? Second, suggestions for power supply, 500-550W, that is compatible with this older motherboard? Suggestions for case?

I'm planning on adding SSD, moving OS and all to it, moving the disc drive, and keeping my Radeon HD 7750, which I operate by leaving side panel off, with upgraded power supply. Adding fans for cooling, possibly with fan control panel. I have max supported RAM and Wireless Adapter. Need case of course.

Any suggestions on upgrade would be great,

Tim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:52 PM

What upgrades are you trying to accommodate? Otherwise there is no reason to change cases. 

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 tbrandt

tbrandt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:11 PM

Well, the graphics card sticks out, and the heat builds up with no room for fans. Also want to add SSD. What I'm running probably already needs more power, but been lucky so far.

#4 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:15 AM

That prebuilt appears to be micro-atx. This is the case I would recommend and this power supply.

I would not recommend a case that comes with a power supply. They are junk.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 tbrandt

tbrandt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:45 AM

Thanks, good information, appreciate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users