Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Loading Pluses (+++++++++++++++ ....) in search bars

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SAILOR0316

SAILOR0316

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 19 October 2015 - 03:32 AM

Forum:

Good chance I have picked up some malware.  Symptoms started that IE would longer show what websites, inquiries were open.   Then tried clicking on IE (pinned to bar) and nothing would happen.  Went to a search program I used (IXQuick) and something almost immediately started loading a continuing string of pluses (+++++++++++  ...  ).

Went to bleepingcomputer to get help and whatever I have picked up started filling in the Username box signin with pluses (++++++++++++++  s  ...).  The only way I could get signed in, thankfully was to highlight and delete (let me do that, then I could sign-in  and let me post this for help.  Any suggestions on how to begin to find out what is causing the problem?  Have run SUPERAntiSpyware , MBAM and MS Security Essentials and none of them finds anything

Thanks in advance for your time, help and expertise

SAILOR0316

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users