Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Popping speakers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ayocaine

Ayocaine

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:19 PM

Ya I have popping speaker sounds when I have my speakers plugged into the wall for my desktop and I don't think they are blown just making some crackling noises.If the are no big deal they were just 10$ speakers from Walmart anyways thanks.  It seems like it is interference but I don't have my phone near it.

Edited by Ayocaine, 18 October 2015 - 09:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,651 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 18 October 2015 - 10:47 PM

You have a bad connection somewhere. Gently wiggle the jack that plugs into your computer; if you get static through the speakers you have a bad connection there. Also wiggle any cable that plugs into anything, speakers or computer. 90% of the time that is the problem.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 Ayocaine

Ayocaine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:28 PM

I think I have tried that already. Thanks, guess I won't waste my money on mediocre products next time.

Edited by Ayocaine, 18 October 2015 - 11:32 PM.

#4 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,651 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:07 AM

Yeah, I hear you. The next thing I was going to suggest is to move your volume control; the next common thing is a bad potentiometer, these cheap off-shore brands use junk and they have very poor insulation in the electrical housing.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#5 Ayocaine

Ayocaine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:24 AM

Probably why they are only 10$ :hysterical:.  Sometimes they do it other times they don't so I don't know what is going on.

Edited by Ayocaine, 19 October 2015 - 11:29 AM.

#6 Ayocaine

Ayocaine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:51 PM

It is funny there are no popping noises now and I know it is not from the plug in my computer (green) but just the power cord, I pressed the cone in some that seemed to work but I do not want to hold it each time I want to hear something play  :bananas:

Maybe I should have made this Title Pooping Speakers xD.

#7 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 28 October 2015 - 11:08 AM

A simple test to define the location of the problem...would be temporarily connecting another set of speakers.  That should be a fairly easy task and the test doesn't command a lot time or speculation.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users