Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bsod: STOP: c000218

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TwiceatGloaming

TwiceatGloaming

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2015 - 03:40 PM

Hi guys. I'm running Vista 64x Home Premium, and am completely unable to boot Windows. Each time I get a BSOD with STOP: c000218
Registry cannot load the hive file: \SystemRoot\System32\Config\COMPONENTS
or its log or alternate. It is corrupt, absent, or not writable.

So, how to fix? My research on this so far seems to point to it either being an issue with the RAM, malware, or the registry. I ran memtest and no errors came up, and I checked my drive with the AVG rescue disk for viruses. I also bought neosmart's easy recovery disk for Vista and tried system restore and their automatic system repair, neither of which worked.

So I assume the issue must be in the registry? I'd rather not have to reinstall Windows (esp. since I don't even have a disk), so if I look through the registry, how can I know if there is an issue, and how do I fix it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users