Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hated Win 10 Restored Win 7 to arrive at the BSOD

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dee Abbott

Dee Abbott

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 PM

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:01 AM

Hi,

I'm brand spanking new here and am not super smart with the back end of pc's.  However, updating to Win 10 was killing me and my laptop daily (slow, cortana issues, internet drop, etc.) I had enough and decided to restore my win 7.  I did steps as insructued and was within the 30 day window only to arrive at a 0x0000007b BSOD.  I've been up all night trying to fix as I had not backed up this laptop that I use for my garment printing business. 

I do have recovery disks but I really need the graphics on my cpu.  I've tried everything but nothing has worked so I'm hoping someone can help me out.  I've used Farbar but am stuck on what is corrupt files and what is good to go.  I don't want to delete the wrong data.

I did not think a simple retore would result in this or I'd lived with the awful win 10 experience. 

I have a ASUS, i5, 64bit 2 year old laptop that really needs to get back going.  Even if I could get to point of copying graphics on external hard drive, that would be great.  Thanks for any help someone can give. 

Dee.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doveroh

doveroh

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:18 AM

Do you have any external devices attached to your computer (Printer, ect).  If so unhook them and try to restart.  Are you able to book into Safe Mode at all?

#3 Dee Abbott

Dee Abbott
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:37 AM

Nothing hooked up and can't run in safe mode or any of the f8 functions that revert it back to blue screen.  I'm only able to use the command prompt.   I've ran the repair that say's it can't and I've run MS Bit Defender and took out two virus and still no luck.

Edited by hamluis, 18 October 2015 - 12:10 PM.
Moved to AII - Hamluis.

#4 doveroh

doveroh

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:39 AM

Is the rest of the BSOD error say anything about Boot Devices?

#5 Dee Abbott

Dee Abbott
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:51 AM

Stop:   0x0000007b (0xfffff8800009A97E8, 0xffffffffffc0000034, rest are zero's accross.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,301 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 AM

Posted 18 October 2015 - 05:39 PM

0x0000007b usually indicates a corrupted mass storage driver. Enter BIOS or UEFI and look for a setting called AHCI/RAID and change it to IDE mode. Does the computer boot normally? Tap F2 at boot to enter BIOS.

I don't understand what you mean by need the graphics on my cpu . The graphics drive would be part of your restore disk. Also I am not sure what you mean by copying graphics to an external drive. Are you talking about saving graphic images of garments to an external drive? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users