Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard and Password Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 anel92

anel92

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 18 October 2015 - 07:11 AM

I have two problems in win 10:
1. my first line on keyboard don't work ( f1,f2,f3, volume +,volume -, brigntes+-, wi fi on/of) I have install the driver and install all updates, but the problem is here,
2. I have changed the psw from mail, but when I start the OS I can login with old psw. How I can change the psw to login ?

Sorry for my bad Englsih, I think you have me understand.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 18 October 2015 - 09:38 AM.
split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588504/tips-and-hints-for-windows-10/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,652 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:51 AM

I have two problems in win 10:
1. my first line on keyboard don't work ( f1,f2,f3, volume +,volume -, brigntes+-, wi fi on/of) I have install the driver and install all updates, but the problem is here,

Make sure your machine hasn't either defaulted to "no need to press fn while pressing the respective function key" or vice versa.  On my newest HP laptop the default is that the respective Fn key does that function without holding down the fn key at the same time.  If I actually hold down the fn key at the bottom of the keyboard they do not respond.

2. I have changed the psw from mail, but when I start the OS I can login with old psw. How I can change the psw to login ?

You must change your password on your Microsoft account in order for your password to be changed for Windows 10 login.  Whatever you told Microsoft was the password on that e-mail address when you originally set up your Microsoft account will stay as that Microsoft account password until or unless you go to the MS website, log in with your MS account with the existing password, and change it to what you now want it to be.  There is absolutely no connection between your MS account and your e-mail account as far as passwords go.  The e-mail address you specified to MS is simply your login ID and the password for that login ID is maintained by MS.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#3 anel92

anel92
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:02 PM

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:31 AM

1. It's work now, thank you man! I think the problem were with drivers.

2. I think I must only change on Microsoft accout psw than I can login with new pasword. It's working now. Thank you very much :))))))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users