Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dead Pc

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 davidanthony

davidanthony

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 19 July 2006 - 09:33 PM

I bumped my pc with my knee and it shut off , I mean really shut off, nothing , nada.
No fans, no leds, no beeps, no video.
Disconnected everything but power supply and mobo and cpu. No POST.
Nothing, not even any beeps.
Where do I go from here?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 AM

Posted 19 July 2006 - 10:54 PM

Possibly by you bumping a power cable came out of it's socket? Have you checked to make sure all the connection in the computer are conected properly?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#3 Dngrsone

Dngrsone

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:13 AM

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:15 PM

... and the power cords are plugged into the powerstrip/outlet?
Posted Image

#4 1983john

1983john

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:44 AM

I reinseret the RAM amd cleaned the heat sink and Ram off some dust
and now MY pc is working fine.
I guess i must have disturbed the Ram while connecting the hard drives.
I wonder if the dust was the problem........

#5 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2006 - 03:50 PM

If there's a accumalation of alot of dust in a specific spot. It can cause damage for the connectiong and can block fans a bit.

You can reduce the accumalation by keeping the computer off the floor.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#6 just me

just me

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2006 - 05:36 PM

Davidanthony:

Dead Pc, dead in the water

I would just like to point out that PCs are not designed to be run submerged.

On the serious side:

You indicated in a previous post that the power off problem has happened before and that the PC powered back on after:You didn't share those same facts here. Don't eliminate the possibility that the power supply itself is the cause of the problem. If there was a loose connection in the power supply that caused the original power off problems and after the latest bump that loose connection is now an open, you will not find the problem by doing any of the above suggestions.

I would attempt to borrow or buy a power supply and replace the current one to eliminate that possibility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users