Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers requ

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 DinosWithTacos

DinosWithTacos

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:57 PM

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:33 PM

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful."

I have received this error with 2 network adapters now. I just bought another to see if that would fix the error present. Yes, I have installed the official drivers from the companies website. I have no idea why this is occurring. I have run multiple virus scans, to find nothing. 

094015478e4c90194641750e9af3c4df.png

That is a picture of the driver properties.

b48cca94dc335c946736c0c90d09c731.png

The driver settings.

I have no idea why, anyone have any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DinosWithTacos

DinosWithTacos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2015 - 04:22 PM

Just noticed this 

1c567c7aa21cad0c07a5f9e8351f7ff6.png

Edited by DinosWithTacos, 17 October 2015 - 04:24 PM.

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,610 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:52 PM

Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line. This will tell me which Atheros chipset the adapter uses.

#4 DinosWithTacos

DinosWithTacos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:26 PM

Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the first line. This will tell me which Atheros chipset the adapter uses.

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0030&SUBSYS_3112168C&REV_01
Here you go

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,610 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:54 PM

If you have TPlink drivers listed in Uninstall Programs remove it first. Go here and download the driver here. You want the first one on the page. You can download it on another computer and copy to a flash drive if needed.

Published Date
06/05/14
Language
English
File Size
20.23 MB
Operating System
WinXP/vista/7/8/8.1
Notes
For TL-WDN4800 V1

Edit: If the above driver does not work then do the following. Download the driver here. First driver on the page.

Version: 10.0.0.308

Click on the green download button. It will take a bit to get the download. Unzip the file to a folder on your desktop. If you have Windows 8 64bit then only keep the following files. Delete the others.

athwbx.cat

athwbx.inf

athwbx.sys

Update the driver using Device Manager.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/9695-driver-install-device-manager-windows-8-a.html

Edited by JohnC_21, 17 October 2015 - 09:14 PM.

#6 DinosWithTacos

DinosWithTacos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:51 PM

If you have TPlink drivers listed in Uninstall Programs remove it first. Go here and download the driver here. You want the first one on the page. You can download it on another computer and copy to a flash drive if needed.

Published Date
06/05/14
Language
English
File Size
20.23 MB
Operating System
WinXP/vista/7/8/8.1
Notes
For TL-WDN4800 V1

Edit: If the above driver does not work then do the following. Download the driver here. First driver on the page.

Version: 10.0.0.308

Click on the green download button. It will take a bit to get the download. Unzip the file to a folder on your desktop. If you have Windows 8 64bit then only keep the following files. Delete the others.

athwbx.cat

athwbx.inf

athwbx.sys

Update the driver using Device Manager.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/9695-driver-install-device-manager-windows-8-a.html

I already know the offical driver did not work, but the second link made some progress.

Until the end of the installation. 

b21ec4117e764a484f2f1192a526dc4a.png

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,610 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:58 PM

Your computer is 64bit, correct? If so then run Windows update and see if there is an Atheros driver listed under Optional Updates. 

Edit: I am not sure why it failed as the Vendor and Device Id you posted are listed in the inf file. 

Edit Edit: If you do not see an Atheros driver then run sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt.

Windows key + X > command prompt (admin)

Edited by JohnC_21, 17 October 2015 - 10:02 PM.

#8 DinosWithTacos

DinosWithTacos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:40 PM

Your computer is 64bit, correct? If so then run Windows update and see if there is an Atheros driver listed under Optional Updates. 

Edit: I am not sure why it failed as the Vendor and Device Id you posted are listed in the inf file. 

Edit Edit: If you do not see an Atheros driver then run sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt.

Windows key + X > command prompt (admin)

634c9ada7cb2ef46248e786299f10815.png

I would assume you would like the cbs.log. Which I have uploaded to a Google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B58h2AR3q5ajQWloSVdNMG9uRTg/view?usp=sharing

#9 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,610 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:04 AM

Unfortunately, I am not well versed in fixing these sfc /scannow erros looking at the CBS.log. I am going to PM another member with more experience and hopefully he will have time to look at it. 

#10 DinosWithTacos

DinosWithTacos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:14 AM

Unfortunately, I am not well versed in fixing these sfc /scannow erros looking at the CBS.log. I am going to PM another member with more experience and hopefully he will have time to look at it. 

Oh, thanks : D

#11 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,610 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:23 AM

Just curious but did you try a USB dongle wireless adapter and it failed also?

#12 DinosWithTacos

DinosWithTacos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:30 AM

Just curious but did you try a USB dongle wireless adapter and it failed also?

Yeah, a Netgear WNDA4100, which doesn't not work at all. The solder came undone a while ago.

Edit it did worked and then the error started happening, and then the solder broke.

Edited by DinosWithTacos, 18 October 2015 - 09:08 AM.

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:34 AM

Yeah, a Netgear WNDA4100, which doesn't not work at all. The solder came undone a while ago.

Edit it did worked and then the error started happening, and then the solder broke.

The solder came undone where?

Regarding the failed sfc /scannow, please do the following.

Press the Windows key windowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key, in the menu that opens click or tap on Command Prompt (Admin).  This will open the Elevated Command prompt.

Copy and paste the command below, then press Enter.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#14 DinosWithTacos

DinosWithTacos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:43 AM

The solder came undone where?

Regarding the failed sfc /scannow, please do the following.

Press the Windows key windowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key, in the menu that opens click or tap on Command Prompt (Admin).  This will open the Elevated Command prompt.

Copy and paste the command below, then press Enter.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

At the usb port itself, I can present photos, but don't think I will be fixing it.

#15 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 18 October 2015 - 10:02 AM

Have you tried a different port?

What is the make and model of this computer?

You do not need to quote the posts made by others unless you need to address a specific post which is out of sequence.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users