Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues with headset/sound recording

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sn0zb0z

sn0zb0z

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:21 PM

Hi.

I have a headset and two computers. Old PC, Acer. Current PC, Cyberpower. Headset, Humlin.

A few days or so ago I plugged my headset into my current PC and it recorded fine and clear. However, the sound suddenly came out the speakers at full volume and it said the headphones jack had been unplugged. It hadn't and it was still in. I twisted it a little and it said plugged back in. I started recording again but had issues with both mic and headphones with the computer telling me they'd been unplugged and plugged back in, but the jacks never moved. Each time the speakers went to full volume. It was fine for a bit and then when I unplugged the jack the speakers went to full volume again.

I plugged the headset into my old computer the other day and it all seemed fine. Did it again a day or two later and it wouldn't record but I had sound. It also took my volume up to full when unplugging the headphones jack, but it's been the one and only time it has done that. Then the next day I could record but had no sound.

I was using the front ports so switched to the back ports and both mic and headphones seemed fine. I recorded what I wanted to today (after double checking mic and headphones, both seemed fine) and then went to listen to the audio on my laptop and there's a really loud constant buzz.

I've plugged my headset back into my current PC and there's no buzz when playing back the recording, but it did say unplugged jack (headphones) and turned my volume up to full again.

What is going on and how do I fix it? I need both computers to be able to record audio clearly and not suddenly blast out audio at full volume. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users